Best mods for a V6?

nhancedsvt

Established Member
my g/f's dad just bought a 2006 V6 convertible. it is an extremely nice car but it just lacks that mustang feel. Plus it's an automatic. So what would be some good mods to boost the performance? Thanls for the help guys!

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
nhancedsvt said:
my g/f's dad just bought a 2006 V6 convertible. it is an extremely nice car but it just lacks that mustang feel. Plus it's an automatic. So what would be some good mods to boost the performance? Thanls for the help guys!

i would start by selling it and getting a gt............been there, done that

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
GETTEUP said:
i would start by selling it and getting a gt............been there, done that

+1. I had a 03 V6 before and honestly its not even worth modding it. The gains you see from modding a V6 compared to a 8 is very minimal. But if you must, the basic mods are intake, exhaust, and a tune.

stangnut

WETAHDED FRICKIN' NOOB
Established Member
look, i bought a 06 pony because my wife really really wanted it. i would have bought the 04 mach 1 instead but she wanted the pony, so we got the pony!:D with that said, it's a very nice car and underated as alot of people know. i had a set of jba shorty headers and a cat back exhaust (ajusa.com)added to the car and it made a world of difference for the car.the thottle response difference is very noticable and it makes a really nice sound. we use her car as a daily driver and we get looks wherever we go,had many people approach us and tell us how nice the car is! not everyone can afford or for that matter wants or needs a v8 and this car fits the bill! i for one am a diehard mustang fanatic and i love the straight sixers and the boss 429 equally, i think as long as you are driving a stang, you're alright!:rockon: there's alot of power in that six if you look for it and there's a big difference in the new 4.0 liter vs the 3.8 (it really sucked) and probably wasn't worth modding. so be proud of your 6 banger,i am of mine and yeah! my cars a cobra,but i enjoy driving hers also!

Last edited:

nhancedsvt

Established Member
well i tried to talk him into a gt but he got a really good deal on this one...plus it's only got 6k miles on it. he would be perfectly fine with it the way it is but i can't stand seeing it stock so i figured i would help him pep it up a little.

badpuss

Established Member
Vortech makes a SC for the V6 Mustang.

The 2005-2006 Ford Mustang V6 comes from the factory with an impressive 210 horsepower and 254 lb./ft. of torque. This Vortech supercharging system can safely increase this to 290 horsepower and 294 lb./ft. of torque*! You will be impressed by the seamless integration of the supercharger system and the true supercar performance it delivers.

OR
The increased boost level, high output supercharger system, features a fully integrated air to water aftercooler approach to charge cooling. Vortech chose the air to water system primarily because it closely maintains the boost level found at the compressor. This system will increase horsepower from 210 to 330 and will increase torque from 254 lb./ft. to 337 lb./ft.*You will be impressed by the seamless integration of the supercharger system and the true supercar performance it delivers.

jb

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
A bolt-on, FI V6 will get you to slightly better numbers than a bolt on GT.

If you can't or don't want to move up to a V-8, I would get the intercooled Vortech, or look for a turbo kit.

RedfireVNM

Ahnald, GET TO THE CHOPPA
Established Member
not trying to bash you or anything...but your G/Fs dad made a mistake even buying a V6...my girlfriends SVT Focus is faster than those things...:nonono:

Last edited:

IBleedBlue

a.k.a ReaperAZ
Established Member
Last edited:

nhancedsvt

Established Member
yeah i'm trying to talk him into the vortech aftercooled kit but i think that will void the warranty right? also how intense is the installation of one of those kits?

Last edited:

nhancedsvt

Established Member
RedfireVNM said:
not trying to bash you or anything...but your G/Fs dad made a mistake even buying a V6...my girlfriends SVT Focus is faster than those things...:nonono:

well it doesn't matter to me... mine is still faster which is whats really important!!!:pepper:

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Just put some rims on it and drop it. Tint the windows too.

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
Join over at the mustangcollective.com

I'm a member over there. A lot of them have moderately fast cars for being "little 6s". Not everyone can afford a GT or a V8, nor does everyone want the insurance note on one of those. So shut it about buying a V8.

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
I can also sell you a used Diablo Predator Tuner that I have. The only thing is, if his computer code isn't DUR2, then he will need to buy some tunes from Doug or someone. They aren't very expensive either.

A tune on the car really wakes it up. It gets rid of the lag when you punch the throttle, it firms up the tranny shifts, and you can even do burnouts in it! lol

Users who are viewing this thread