Best mid-pipe borla stingers

TorchRedCobra03

TORCHER
Established Member
Cobros,

I've been doing some serious thinking about exhaust. I really want to pick up some American racing headers 1 7/8 with 3 inch collector, would love to go catless.

BUT, I really like the h-pipe sound, I emailed ARH to see if they would do an h-pipe instead of an x-pipe. Still waiting on response there.

I talked with someone on SVT who has borla s-types, with ARH catless but has resonators where the cats would be, I called ARH and they said they can do that unless I bring the car there so that's off the table.

My question is will the x-pipe be too raspy and annoying without cats (smell doesn't bother me). Should I just go x-pipe with cats? I am very conflicted because I don't know what I am going to like.

Help a guy out and give me some feedback.

Steve Cea

Established Member
I was running the Borla ATAK system with cats and that was perfect for me , however once I removed the cats and replaced them with a catless BBK X Pipe the sound was very raspy and annoying quite frankly , I purchased a set of Borla stinger mufflers and installed them with the X Pipe, this turned out to be the sweet spot for me !! Sounds mean as hell , not raspy or tinny at all , deep throat growl without being totally obnoxious but plenty loud ! There is no mistaking my Cobra coming down the road that's for sure !! This setup is perfect for me !!

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

mark23svt

Established Member
I have bassani mids, bassani x, and borla stingers, no cats. Honestly I get a bunch of compliments. It is very loud when you want it to be. Very tolerable while driving normal. But I haven't hear too much raspyness like the slp style sounds just great I recommend it.

T3RM1N8R_18

Established Member
I have bassani mids, bassani x, and borla stingers, no cats. Honestly I get a bunch of compliments. It is very loud when you want it to be. Very tolerable while driving normal. But I haven't hear too much raspyness like the slp style sounds just great I recommend it.
I have full bassani exhaust and was debating going to the Borla catback. I love the Bassani tips more than the rolled Borla, that's kind of whats been holding me back from just pulling the trigger.

fitforspeed

Established Member
Cobros,

I've been doing some serious thinking about exhaust. I really want to pick up some American racing headers 1 7/8 with 3 inch collector, would love to go catless.

BUT, I really like the h-pipe sound, I emailed ARH to see if they would do an h-pipe instead of an x-pipe. Still waiting on response there.

I talked with someone on SVT who has borla s-types, with ARH catless but has resonators where the cats would be, I called ARH and they said they can do that unless I bring the car there so that's off the table.

My question is will the x-pipe be too raspy and annoying without cats (smell doesn't bother me). Should I just go x-pipe with cats? I am very conflicted because I don't know what I am going to like.

Help a guy out and give me some feedback.

I have kooks 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 stepped long tubes with the kooks off road x and Borla stinger catback. I love it, and I get compliments on the sound all the time. Even the Chevy guys love it. Not sure my neighbors do, but can't please everyone I guess.

mark23svt

Established Member
I have full bassani exhaust and was debating going to the Borla catback. I love the Bassani tips more than the rolled Borla, that's kind of whats been holding me back from just pulling the trigger.
Just weld the Stingers in place of the Bassanis best of both worlds.

T3RM1N8R_18

Established Member
Do the pro-chamber mid-pipes work with the Bassani mid-lengths headers? Sorry for the hijack, this has me interested in the pro-chamber as I was looking for a new sound with the Borla stingers also.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
sound is very subjective, but to me even the bassani catted-x with my stingers is too raspy when i really get on it with my vert. it sounds really good most of the time though.

i have been running my stock h pipe with my stingers on my coupe since smog-time, and i like it. but would probably not be loud enough for most of you guys, tho.

my bassani catted-x along with my flowmaster catback was a nice combo.

someday i really want to try the prochamber. i like a more mellow, musclecar-type sound and i think they might give that.

GodStang

Established Member
Just weld the Stingers in place of the Bassanis best of both worlds.

You don't have to weld them. Since I am running 3" IRS Catback options are slim and few for Stainless Steel. So I had to custom combine mufflers and pipes. Sad thing is the new Mufflers fit better than the mufflers that were suppose to go there. Mine is 100% Clamp on. Photo attached.

Blah, prochamber all day.

Love the sound of Prochamber hate the quality of MAC products. I have had bad luck with them but still have a complete set for my 351w Notch. Hopefully better luck.

Attachments

• IRS Exhaust.JPG
    IRS Exhaust.JPG
    303.2 KB · Views: 296

cj428mach

Established Member
Several years ago I tried to buy a stainless steel prochamber and everyone was sold out. I was told 5 week back order, after about 8 weeks with no eta I cancelled my order. I see places still list them but you never see them for sale so who knows if they're available.

I have stock manifolds, xpipe with resonators and stingers. I couldn't imagine running it without the resonators, it would be too loud.

GodStang

Established Member
I have stock manifolds, xpipe with resonators and stingers. I couldn't imagine running it without the resonators, it would be too loud.

Was going to go Stingers without Resonators until Borla told me I would blow the Stingers apart with my boost level. So ended up a different route.

Users who are viewing this thread