Best MAF?

StoplightWarrior

Established Member
Next up on the bolt on list for the cobra is some sort of maf. I'm thinking Pro-M, cause I've heard good things about them, and I think it will work with the MAC cai I have in there already, right? Just after the maf, Im thinking Im gonna get the FMS RPM extender...is that a good mod as well? MAF and computer are about the only things power wise I'm gonna do to the cobra for a while, so I wanna go with the best. All suggestions welcome, thanks!

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Well..... this is just what I've heard, and it's been a while.

I've always heard that the Pro-M "bullet's" had problems with the CAI kits... even when ordered as such. That particular meter is pretty fussy... My exact experience with it: I ordered a regular meter that a filter cold go off from. I then decided to make a homemade cold air kit (filter in the lower front bumper... it turned out SWEET!), and after I hooked it all up and took 'er for a rip, she felt GREAT! Except... when I came to a stop... the idle would drop and just kill the motor. :dw: Long story short, I went through THREE Bullet's, and they all did the SAME thing! I called Pro-M and they said it was cuz the meter's werent' calibrated for the CAI set-up I was creating, and that I'd be better of sending the meter back in for them to recal for a CAI... for like another 70-bux! :eek: They told me the meters were very fussy... and since then I've heard misc. problems with the Bullet's and CAI's. I ended up just putting a cone K&N off the meter and it was fine then... so....??

Users who are viewing this thread