Best LSAT prep guide?

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Planning to take the LSAT in the spring. What are the best books that help improve scores?

Is one-on-one tutoring really worth it?

Anything crazy to expect?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I bought the book LSAT sells. It's decent. The LSAT is a reasoning test, studying will only help so much. You need to develop your analytical reasoning skills.

ayo232

Established Member
the bibles get a lot of attention and have a great reputation. on the other hand, a class helps as you have someone teaching you and available for a more detailed explanation.

regardless of the path you take, just make sure you're focused. more importantly, time it right. don't prep for this if you already have too much on your plate. i worked full-time, took classes full-time and enrolled in a lsat prep class that met 3 times a week. needless to say, it was hell and couldn't give it as much attention as it deserved. find a time period that allows your prep to be your only concern. this will reflect in your score.

gl to you brother. it's an illogical son of a bitch.

Last edited:

ayo232

Established Member
I bought the book LSAT sells. It's decent. The LSAT is a reasoning test, studying will only help so much. You need to develop your analytical reasoning skills.

if you study the logic games, they can essentially be mastered as there are only a number of core scenarios that are utilized. logic games are the easiest section to boost your score op :beer:

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member

Luckily, that's where I excel. I've done a practice test and did quite well on it, but anything that can help me improve is a plus.

I need to do well as my GPA isn't as good as I'd like.

konradr

Ford Mustang
Established Member
if you study the logic games, they can essentially be mastered as there are only a number of core scenarios that are utilized. logic games are the easiest section to boost your score op :beer:

+1 on the logic games. I used the Kaplan book and got good results. I think they are all OK books, and it is more about how much time you put into it. Best of luck on the exam. It will be the first of many.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member

I just bought the package of five old exams. Read through those and called it a day.

spike_africa

Established Member
I got the mcgraw LSAT test book for $25 and used that. Went through it once and did all the practice tests and did very well. Got a great score my 2nd try. Then I realized I hated law and got the **** out before I owed any more money in law school. Good luck to you. I hated the people in my school to the point that it put me off of law school. But my personality doesn't work well with those people anyhow.

Users who are viewing this thread