Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeCobra2004

Established Member
OrangeCobra2004,

I am sure there were already several threads on this, I did see a few old ones, but I figured a fresh start would give me a more up to date answer. But thanks for the heads up.

I am stuck between saving money and going with Mac's or going ARH for almost double cost. Those with ARH, are you going with the standard or 2.5" collector?

Also, how much are you guys paying for install?
I went with the standard 2.5" collector so that I could have good ground clearance since I am lowered with H&R Sport Springs. I have no clearance issue and they tuck very nice. You can't even see them. I don't remember how much install was since I had more then longtubes installed at once.

does anyone make a long tube setup with a CATTED h-pipe?
If you call up ARH direct, they will make you a custom mid-pipe of your choice to fit their longtubes.

dirtydave289

Established Member
I was talking to a guy who works for Kooks and he told me ARH bottlenecks the collector..
He also said on like 90% of cars/trucks they tested exhaust setups on, using a midpipe with cats offered greater gains over an O/R because the O/R was like open headers basically, and most engines now don't have enough cubes to benefit from open headers.

Just relaying what he said..not supporting or disagreeing

03cobrah

Established Member
I was talking to a guy who works for Kooks and he told me ARH bottlenecks the collector..
He also said on like 90% of cars/trucks they tested exhaust setups on, using a midpipe with cats offered greater gains over an O/R because the O/R was like open headers basically, and most engines now don't have enough cubes to benefit from open headers.

i was under the impression that cats are restricting

Fat-cat

Established Member
I just bought some Kooks so we will see.. even if it doesn't make any more power the sound will be epic.

Fat-cat

Established Member

This might be true on a N/A car but on a Forced induction application cat-less has been proven to make more power. Its not much but enough.. that and i didnt want to spend 500+ more on cats lol

04torchred

Established Member

I doubt it, honestly I think some of the guys from Kooks now run ARH or its something like that.

Anyways I run a 3" slip fit collector from ARH with their o/r x pipe and the car sounds mean. Fat Cat can probably tell you how my car sounds he has heard it.

Anyways there is no restriction in the collector, its a really nicely done merge. I wouldn't buy kooks due to the slip fit, that shit will leak guaranteed, gas has a wonderful way of finding its way out any route it can get so its just a matter of time. And from what I know the ARH has better ground clearance.

Bang for the buck Mac 1-5/8 x 2.5 headers are a good buy, I ran them before and they worked good. They just rusted on me from winter driving and wet weather driving... my car use to go everywhere with an eaton on it.

Fat-cat

Established Member
I doubt it, honestly I think some of the guys from Kooks now run ARH or its something like that.

Anyways I run a 3" slip fit collector from ARH with their o/r x pipe and the car sounds mean. Fat Cat can probably tell you how my car sounds he has heard it.

Anyways there is no restriction in the collector, its a really nicely done merge. I wouldn't buy kooks due to the slip fit, that shit will leak guaranteed, gas has a wonderful way of finding its way out any route it can get so its just a matter of time. And from what I know the ARH has better ground clearance.

Bang for the buck Mac 1-5/8 x 2.5 headers are a good buy, I ran them before and they worked good. They just rusted on me from winter driving and wet weather driving... my car use to go everywhere with an eaton on it.

Yup his car sounds Nasty for sure. I went with the Kooks cause i got a killer deal. The slip fits are tight and im going to hi temp copper seal them when i install so there should be no leaks for a long time.. and if they leak meh my cat back leaks like a straw roof anyway lol. Cant wait to get them in just took them to them for ceramic coating to keep the heat down... and make them shiny not that you can see them i guess lol. Schyler you going to come up and put them in for me ? :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread