• Stainless Works

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

d4a3m2o1n

Banned
not too sure how they compare to the other brands, but i've only heard good things.. and they sound awesome.

ous2418

Established Member
kooks here!!!! love and they sound awesome with my 3" orx and magnaflow catback. however they are pricey and unless your at 600rwhp i wouldnt recomend.. stock manifolds flow very well as is.

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
I really like my mac long tube headers. My car sounds more crisp with them. They did help my car power wise. I went from 500rwhp, 515rwtq to 530rwhp and 570rwtq by adding the long tubes and adding 2lbs of boost. I added the 2 lbs of boost because usually with long tubes you loose 1 to 2 lbs. I know some of the power is from adding the extra 2 lbs but the long tubes played a part as well. They were easy to install with the help of a friend and a lift.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
My MACS have been on the car for 5 years now, no issues whatsoever and they sound wicked mean! They also provide better ground clearance than other longtubes.

OrangeCobra2004

Established Member
I believe if you did a search you would see that this topic has be discussed many times already. I have ARH and love them. They are a solid one piece design so they will not leak. I know a couple people with kooks and theirs have leaked at the collector because they use a slip-fit design.

dsfelton

KB Powered!
Established Member
ARH, Stainless Works, and Kooks are some of the best headers quality wise. I agree w/orange cobra2004, I have heard of Kooks having leaking issues.

But bang for the buck Mac is a great header. You can get headers and x-pipe for $700 through Lethal. Allot of people run Mac LT's on this site.

Last edited:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
If money were no object (i.e. I didn't have a son in college), I'd go with ARH. However, I went with the MAC ceramic-coated headers based on the positive feedback I've seen on this (and other sites). I'll be installing them either next month or January so I'll post up comments after the install is complete...:beer:

f2hatch

Established Member
I have always heard great things about ARH and voted for them. The vette guys seem to love them. I have BBK's on my car and have no issues with them. My car lives in a garage so no rust on mine. plus i got them used for $150 so the money i saved i had them jet hot coated. If i ever change them out it would be for a set of ARH.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Happy with my MACs..
Bang for the buck FTW.

They also sound mean at WOT.:rockon:

MisterChrome

Established Member
OrangeCobra2004,

I am sure there were already several threads on this, I did see a few old ones, but I figured a fresh start would give me a more up to date answer. But thanks for the heads up.

I am stuck between saving money and going with Mac's or going ARH for almost double cost. Those with ARH, are you going with the standard or 2.5" collector?

Also, how much are you guys paying for install?

svt2ner

Established Member
Im positive mac longtubes will fit with their catted h-pipe or x-pipe etc.

Does ARH have decent x-pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread