Best kept food secrets in Myrtle Beach...

JV_92_03_10

Established Member
We just tried Lombardos Italian. Holy smokes, it was awesome. Small local joint off the main drags on 79th. Everything is made to order from scratch. Deeeeelicious.

TurboPh1sh

Established Member
A little late now, but for next year you NEED to try Sam's Corner. Its a "world famous" hot dog joint.

its located off of 17 and 77th if I remember correctly.

WildWillyWalker

Established Member
I ate at Rioz for my first time this year and it was awesome. I plan on going there once a year. I spent around $60 but it was so much fun. It wasn't just about the food, but the experience.

Godfather's pizza on King's Highway is awesome and I always have to hit that up.

Great American Buffet way down on 17 is fun. It's only around $10 for lunch and about $16 (with a drink). they have a lot of chicken. I think it's great for the price.

Planet Hollywood isn't that great but me and my friends filled the bar and had a blast sending texts that show up on the TV.

I wasn't a fan of the sea food buffet place across the street from Planet Hollywood. way too expensive for what it aws.

jbes3

Established Member
A little late now, but for next year you NEED to try Sam's Corner. Its a "world famous" hot dog joint.

Out beach house was around the corner from the one in garden city. We ate some fried bologna sandwiches or deep fried hot dogs almost nightly. The one down there is the older one. Had some questionable people in it urging te hours we were there. (guess that makes us questionable as well)

jbes3

Established Member
I ate at Rioz for my first time this year and it was awesome. I plan on going there once a year. I spent around $60 but it was so much fun. It wasn't just about the food, but the experience.

My group ate at rioz. That was a pretty cool place. They had their house drink, sangria, that was really good. Food was plentiful, but I couldn't pig out... Too hot outside!

WildWillyWalker

Established Member
My group ate at rioz. That was a pretty cool place. They had their house drink, sangria, that was really good. Food was plentiful, but I couldn't pig out... Too hot outside!

We have a great picture of my buddy. We got outside and he unbuttoned his shorts. We got to the car and he just laid down on the ground. Everyone thought they were going to throw up. haha

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Grub was pretty damn good! Highly recommend.

I'm going to try to make it there in the next week or so. I think I'll start a "Sid's Restaurant Review" thread for next year.

If it's 2:00am and you need a foot long hotdog, beer, and a shot of Jack all served to you by a Russian Sam's is the place you're looking for.

My hotel was just behind the Fuddruckers next to the mall. Mmmmm :)

Try River City Cafe next year. It destroys Fuddruckers.

I also recommend patroning places in North Myrtle Beach, as NMB recently passed an indoor smoking ban.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
Sid, where is River City Cafe? I'll try that next time. I ate at the Fuddruckers in main Myrtle, and I was not impressed at all. I have eaten at the one Fuddruckers down in Pigeon Forge, and it was absolutely delicious.

chrisheltra

Established Member
I also recommend patroning places in North Myrtle Beach, as NMB recently passed an indoor smoking ban.

Yeah I noticed people smoking indoors at Broadway at the Beach in a few different places. Seemed kinda strange to me now because indoor smoking has been banned for a few years in the Charleston area.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Sid, where is River City Cafe? I'll try that next time. I ate at the Fuddruckers in main Myrtle, and I was not impressed at all. I have eaten at the one Fuddruckers down in Pigeon Forge, and it was absolutely delicious.

river city is awesome. i love the blue cheese burger

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

They have several locations in the MB area.

Yeah I noticed people smoking indoors at Broadway at the Beach in a few different places. Seemed kinda strange to me now because indoor smoking has been banned for a few years in the Charleston area.

I suspect it'll be passed county wide in the near future, hopefully sooner rather than later.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Actually tried it yesterday. I can add it to my list of recommended eateries. The pork was excellent, as was both the vinegar and mustard sauces. It's a bit expensive for BBQ, but still worth it.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Actually tried it yesterday. I can add it to my list of recommended eateries. The pork was excellent, as was both the vinegar and mustard sauces. It's a bit expensive for BBQ, but still worth it.

what BBQ place?

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member

those were our two favorite sauces as well, i think the mustard did slightly beat the vinegar out. they had pretty good sweet tea as well, although i havent really been to a restaurant in SC that had bum sweet tea lol.

Users who are viewing this thread