Best k-member for a Vert

TermiN8er

Corn Fed Beast
Established Member
hey guys, I almost never post a question. I normally search until I am blue in the face but I cannot find anything on this. Hell Maximum Motorsports didn't have a good answer when I called them. The said " I think it should be ok..." :dw:

I have a vert with mmflsfc and stock K-member. I am doing a 5.0L build and considered a K-member BUT I am concerned that taking off the cross member that comes Stock on the Verts will effect stability. I cannot do a tower brace as the 3.4L whipple is too big..... I will be putting a 6 point roll bar in soon also, that might help.

So, What K-member do you recommend with the MMFLSFC's already installed? Will the MM K-member be stable enough without the cross member?

Car will be mostly a DD but will see the track for a couple of passes a year. I would like to have the option in the future to do road track as well.

thanks for the help in advance!

:-D

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Of all the tubular K members the MM is reported to be the best quality for a DD
The Griggs might be better for racing but having never driven a car with one I can't give you an honest review.
But the MM 03 I drove was WAY better handling than a stock sheet steel welded factory unit. And the owner of the car also said that even after beating on it for two years and dropping wheels in potholes, driving over huge speedbumps and so on the alignment did not change.

There is another maker that I have heard good reports about but I am not sure I remember who they are. I think it may have been Agent 47. But I can't be sure.

And all the cars that I am familiar with are Coupes, not verts. So take what I said for what it's worth.

Last edited:

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
The only one I would personally use for a DD car, especially since you can still use the OEM LCA's (but it's $$$):

Steeda 1996-04 Mustang Lightweight K-Member - Made in the USA 555-5078

mmfp_1002_02+mustang_mach_1_suspension_upgrade+steeda_k_member_suspension.jpg

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I run a Griggs unit on the street. It's awesome. That's my .02.. There are really only 3 companies I would use.

Griggs
MM
Racecraft

TermiN8er

Corn Fed Beast
Established Member
Looking at the Griggs.... nice! thanks for the info. If Griggs races a vert I am sure I will be ok with a roll bar and a k-member

SVTDice

Established Member
I've been looking into the Team-Z Autocross K-Member. It looks like a solid piece. It requires an oil relocation kit OR a shorter filter. I'm just going to go with the shorter filter when the time comes.

What I'm looking for is something strong enough for the street and does not make me move my oil filter.

Users who are viewing this thread