Best Jacking Points for 03 Cobra

johncr250

Established Member
Hi guys, i just got a cat back system for my O3 Cobra and i need to put jackstands under the car. What is the best place to put the jack stands under the rear of the car?

Thanks

psucobra

Established Member
Unless you have subframe connectors I would just use ramps. The only safe place to jack from is the rear subrame by the torque box but then thats also where u would need to place the jack stand. Get some ramps and be done with it

65mph_Roll

Established Member
I've got the same question, just rotated tires and used jack-in-the-trunk in back and normal jack in front (after lifting w/trunk jack in front).

Pain in the ass.

What do the pro's do?

johncr250 said:
Hi guys, i just got a cat back system for my O3 Cobra and i need to put jackstands under the car. What is the best place to put the jack stands under the rear of the car?

Thanks

BLUBYU2

Established Member
There are ramps made by Rino that they sell at autozone for like 29 bucks that do the trick. Just make sure that the floor isnt wet or they may silde out from under you. I put a piece of 2x4 in front of the ramps to clear my lower valance but you could probably make it up without it.

Brad

Banned
Convertible stock sub frames won't hold the car, at least my didn't. I used a 2x4 between the sub and the jack and the sub crumbled while I was under the car, nice huh? Now I jack on the stock jack points up front and use a jack stand and a 2x4 on the k-member. I use ramps for the back.

sndmn_2000

Next is a Vette
Established Member
what i do, is use the jacking points that are instructed by the manual. I use 2 jacks and then set it on jack stands. I put the rear jack stands on the irs arm thats connected to the subframe (cant think of the name). For the front, i put it under the lower control arm.

Jpjr

Established Member
the 'pros' have given you guys some good tips..

us backyard guys would say if you don't have ramps then jack under the K-member up front, and the diff/pumpkin for out back. there are always risks when lifting a vehicle, but i've seen lots and lots of cars lifted this way, including my own.

silvercoffin

Established Member

I would never jack from the diff.. The diff is a flimsy piece of junk that leaks so easily. I wouldnt do anything to it that even might stress the lousy silicone seal that keeps the gear oil in.

CANiHaveGasCash

Established Member
silvercoffin said:
I would never jack from the diff.. The diff is a flimsy piece of junk that leaks so easily. I wouldnt do anything to it that even might stress the lousy silicone seal that keeps the gear oil in.

the more it leaks the more I get payed to bring it in and work on it. warranty + working for ford = good news

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
my ramps

picture0089wh.jpg

cost: FREE

Users who are viewing this thread