Best Investment? Suggestions please?

1bdsnk96

Established Member
Guy I was curious in your opinion what would be the best investment a built engine or buy a supercharger, I got some tax return money and I have about 6k to play with, also could I still have a strong engine to run in the street if I build a engine for a boost application and don't actually get a form of forced induction till a while later, running the engine n/a for the time being?!!

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
I think it depends on how much horsepower you are looking to make with boost. On the stock bottom end 450 RWHP is the limit. So pushing 6-8 psi would be fine and within that safety net. Then again if the tune is off, even a NA car won't last long. Keeping it within a safe boost range with a tune from a good tuner who knows what he is doing is key.

mustang3X

Established Member
I wouldn't call it an investment. What we spend on these cars is no financial investment, although you do get a crapload of fun returned :lol1:

If you keep the engine stock and go supercharged you'll have some cash left over for drive train mods, going all in on the engine is fun but in the long run you'll want (need) to have some upgrades elsewhere to take full advantage of increased HP

Last edited:

i8urSS

Established Member
I say blower. If you have your motor built with the purpose of having a blower in the future, your actual gains will be minimal. My buddy built his for a blower and before he actually boosted it, it barely eclipsed 300 rwhp. But he was running lower compression to compensate for how much boost he planned to run.

I don't know if your planning to poor the whole tax return into the car, but 6 grand will get you a blower and all the supporting mods you'd need and then some. I'd go ahead and get some gears while your at it.

Users who are viewing this thread