Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Nitto NT05

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • Other

Votes: 59 40.7%

• Total voters

87PONYGT

Established Member
I know Mickey Thompson drag radials are most likely the stickiest, cause I had them on my old set up. But the Mickey Thompsons at 305 would be too wide for my fox.
I'm leaning towards the BFG Drag radials anyone have them?

Sent from me

I have 295/50r17's et STEET 2's and its tight. I don't think a 305 would fit without rubbing

lmurtha1

Name Taker
Established Member
Ive run MT eT streets, nitto Nto5R and MH racemasters a dozen diff sizes and surfaces. I burn through a lot of tire firguring out what power/tire/ surface works best as I do a "little street Racing" always in a enclosed course in mexicono.

Nto5r best for everyday surface mid-big power. Get nice and sticky after 10 min driving.

Et streets great with big sidewall and concrete but binpower.Needs good warming

Racemasters are badass tires imo but finiky. Need right psi and surface but hook nastiest.

Overall for most of you guys driving and power, NT05R is all u need and hooks nasty without being finiky

FiveOhJoe

Established Member
What about Hoosier DOT?

I have toyo TQ right now and they hook fine in 3rd gear and up. 2nd gear I have to roll into it but about 4k RPM they are unpredictable in 2nd. That is on asphalt with periodic burnouts to keep them from getting smooth.

StrokerGT22

Established Member
Ive run MT eT streets, nitto Nto5R and MH racemasters a dozen diff sizes and surfaces. I burn through a lot of tire firguring out what power/tire/ surface works best as I do a "little street Racing" always in a enclosed course in mexicono.

Nto5r best for everyday surface mid-big power. Get nice and sticky after 10 min driving.

Et streets great with big sidewall and concrete but binpower.Needs good warming

Racemasters are badass tires imo but finiky. Need right psi and surface but hook nastiest.

Overall for most of you guys driving and power, NT05R is all u need and hooks nasty without being finiky
So you would say they are better than the micky t street ss I am street only and I drive for a bit before I go from a dig to get my tires warm I’m running nt555r 315/35/17 and want to go Nt05r due to future my 01 GT will be 600hp

lmurtha1

Name Taker
Established Member
So you would say they are better than the micky t street ss I am street only and I drive for a bit before I go from a dig to get my tires warm I’m running nt555r 315/35/17 and want to go Nt05r due to future my 01 GT will be 600hp
I've also ran NT555r. Good tire for daily but dont hook at all like the other mentioned. The street SS is my go to tire for street race but dont last long. If you drive it around a decent amount go with a NT05. Do not get the NT05r. That burns up instantly. Occasional driver but mainly "street race car" get the MT street SS. If it's a real legitimate daily but you occasionally race get the Nitto NT05. If your wallet is open stay with the MT street SS and run themwhenever. Excellent tire!!.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

StrokerGT22

Established Member
I've also ran NT555r. Good tire for daily but dont hook at all like the other mentioned. The street SS is my go to tire for street race but dont last long. If you drive it around a decent amount go with a NT05. Do not get the NT05r. That burns up instantly. Occasional driver but mainly "street race car" get the MT street SS. If it's a real legitimate daily but you occasionally race get the Nitto NT05. If your wallet is open stay with the MT street SS and run themwhenever. Excellent tire!!.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yeah I can afford the m/t but I do daily drive and race here and there street only I definitely would never go with the nt05 I either want the nt05r or street et ss but just didn’t know what one was better for street hook up no burnout and I hear the nt05r runs a hair wider

Users who are viewing this thread