Best costumes!

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
Ok so I'm unable to do anything this year, so I am planning and saving for next year. I still do hallowen with friends, not to mention the family. So here's the question.

post up the costume you would have, the more realistic the better. Money no option!!! Looking for real purchasable costumes. Really want a tron or ironman one, but can't find anything that isn't cheap as hell.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Down into a slippery slope ...

I was thinking about dressing up as an authentic viking.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
headless horseman....best halloween costume i ever did and cannot be topped. here is what i did over the course of a week.
i had a friend whose parents owned a horse that was all black but had some white hair/spots, we dyed the horse spots black and dyed the hair with non permanent dye. i had to pay for feed for a week, proper shoes for pavement and give my buddy a nice bottle of whiskey but he was game to help and thought it was a great idea.

as for the costume, i used black leather riding boots, black riding pants, a black shirt, black leather vest and a black overcoat which had a plastic jig sewn into it that raised it above my shoulders about 3 inches. i bought a flat top hat and had it sewn into the top of the jacket so it basically leveled my head to my fake "shoulders".

the day of halloween we spread old signs(all wood and age them with a torch) around the neighborhood to watch for the headless horseman and a few missing posters(made from wood also) of dr ichibod crane.

at 6pm we trailered the horse from the barn to a little u-turn side street and unloaded the horse. we walked up and down the street going house to house to tell the parents of the kids that we were doing this to avoid any confusion or trouble. most were very happy that we were going all out and wanted to help.

at 9pm the parents/kids all were out trick or treating when my buddy in 1600's attire ran down the street screaming at the top of his lungs about how the headless horseman was coming....then i rode down, mini "head" pumpkin and all. kids were scared to death. i have never seen them run so fast. it was great, parents went along with it perfectly.

if i can dig up some pictures on my old hard drive ill post them up, got a TON of compliments and was mentioned in the local city newspaper about it.

EDIT: PLEASE, if you try this, GET A PUBLIC DISPLAY PERMIT(or something like it). i had to pay a very hefty fine after the fact which was later refunded when my neighbors petitioned the county to get my money back. it was considered a good deed after everything was refunded.

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
total cost was only about $600 without the fine. well worth it to see the kids faces.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
My favorite costume I have ever seen was a guy dressed up as the bear****er from super troopers. Played the sound clip of the bear and everything.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Im building a Tron costume myself.

Got the red EL Tape from adafruit along with a bunch of connectors and batt packs. Im trying to make the one CLU wears with the long robe. I might go as far as to hack up a spare motorcycle helmet to fo CLUs helmet but well see. I also plan on retrofitting a toys r us Identity Disc and also building one of the glowy bow-staffs.

oldmodman

Established Member
Those are all really great costumes!

In my area (West Los Angeles) I have to go into West Hollywood to the Gay-O-Ween Parade to see any creative costumes. And after you have seen one Gay Pirate with a 24" weenie, you have seen them all.
The days of creative, "family oriented" costumes is long gone around here.

I need to move out of this state.

And last Halloween we had NO kids come to the door for candy.

2000gator

Established Member
any other good ideas out there i'm looking for a good costume too for this year. Anything current in the media or television that is a good idea?

20redfire03

Established Member
If I do anything I am going to do a black ops Brian Wilson. I know in the commerical he didn't have black ops gear but I'm planning on getting some black ops style clothing/gear mixed with some giants clothing and of course a fake beard.

wjlane

Seduced by the Dark Side
Established Member
These aren't costumes you can buy, but posting them anyway. I wear these year round at various charity events and official LucasFilm events.

I won $1000 in a costume contest with this:

248388_1385615417187_1736098001_655609_1192756_n.jpg

SAM_1929.jpg

TheEmpire-36.jpg

SAM_1946.jpg

And I also do this guy:

DSC02216-1.jpg

DSC02228.jpg

DSC01694.jpg

Hele On

I'll make it fit
Established Member

Got the red EL Tape from adafruit along with a bunch of connectors and batt packs. Im trying to make the one CLU wears with the long robe. I might go as far as to hack up a spare motorcycle helmet to fo CLUs helmet but well see. I also plan on retrofitting a toys r us Identity Disc and also building one of the glowy bow-staffs.

Apparently this guy built himself one, too!
8075526269_fd9fa446c5_z.jpg

8075525995_424b105fd8_z.jpg

8075518538_3767157c5e_z.jpg

Last edited:

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member

Post pics!! :D

These aren't costumes you can buy, but posting them anyway. I wear these year round at various charity events and official LucasFilm events.

I won $1000 in a costume contest with this:

248388_1385615417187_1736098001_655609_1192756_n.jpg

SAM_1929.jpg

TheEmpire-36.jpg

SAM_1946.jpg

And I also do this guy:

DSC02216-1.jpg

DSC02228.jpg

DSC01694.jpg

I have been thinking about shelling out the cash for Darth Vader. Haven't decided. Can you give me a link for it, and is it worth the cash, quality wise.

blackfang

Established Member
In our neighborhood, quite a few people dress up with their kids, The wife and I are doing matching costumes. We both are going as a cowboy and cowgirl. I ended up buying a full costume and was done with it. She had to buy the gun belt, guns, hat, etc to. However, she is just wearing a pair of jeans, boots and a flannel shirt.
Some of the houses are set up pretty good too and the kids get into it.

Users who are viewing this thread