Best Coolant in warm (95f - 100f) all the day (with Procharger D1SC)

Moaz

Established Member
Hello team,
I've the problem of overheating as in a daily basis, the temp is 95-100f, considering my car putting 16 psi (750rwhp) with manual trany in overall, so, here are the readings in both scenarios (Normal Driving and WOT racing @ Drag),
(Engine is 5.0 Aluminator with Compression Ration 9.5)

Daily Driving
Weather temp: 98f
Intake temp: 98f
Cylinder head temp: 220f
Coolant temp: 210 to 215 and 220 in traffic signals.

Drag
Weather temp: 98f
Intake temp: 160f
Cylinder head temp: 225f
Coolant temp: 220 to 225f

### Currently, I'm using Mishimoto liquid and additive from the links below,
Mishimoto Mustang Liquid Chill Performance Coolant - 50/50 Pre-mix - One Gallon MMRA-LC-5050F (79-19 All)
Mishimoto Mustang Liquid Chill Radiator Coolant Additive MMRA-LC

In addition, my Radiator is upgraded to this, along with the Cooling Fan coming with Procharger (SPAL fan)
Ford Mustang Performance Aluminum Radiator, 2005-2014

So, I've my questions are:
1- Are my temps are normal or high or super high?
2- Since I live at war/very warm temps most of the time, what is the best, the best, the best, coolant should i use, because i feel that the Mishimoto liquid is very bad.
3- Do you recommend to upgrade to electrical water pump?
4- Is there any other recommendations to enhance and optimize the issues?

Thanks in advance

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Ur not overheating at all. Coolant is coolant nobody makes a "Special" coolant and u don't need an electric water pump. All the cooling shit u already have is what everyone else uses to cool their car. U need nothing stop worrying about nothing!

If it makes u feel better put some Engine Ice in it.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I dont feel like those temps are high enough to worry about either.

I dont think theres any brand of coolant that would help, coolant is worse at shedding heat than water is. Being that you don't have to worry about freezing temperatures I would thin the mix way down from 50/50. Using a coolant tester I'd thin it out so that you end up with freezing temp protection to like 10 degrees F or something like that. This was you still have the benefit of the additives/protection of the coolant.

Moaz

Established Member
Yes, but when i asked it before I was missing mentioning the conditions and the specific information like IAT under different cases like GT racing or Drag or cursing, So, this time managed to put all information together to get your opinions.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Are you running an aftermarket thermostat, I recommend the reische 170, have your tuner adjust your fan settings to accommodate.

As mentioned above I would run distilled water with the coolant additive. If you don't see freezing temps no need for actual coolant, just use the additive with distilled water.

Your IATs are high because you are spinning your procharger pretty hard. Prochargers are know for high IATs, not much you can do to reduce this unless you install an alky kit or something similar.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Moaz

Established Member
great, for the thermostat, already have Mishimoto 160f but i believe the tuner missed to tune it properly.
Good to mention that I've Snowperformance Stage 03 methanol injection kit, but not connected/used, but already installed.
So, what do you recommend, to use C85, E85, or Ms109 with Methanol Inj enabled?
and in case of prefernce of MS109 with Methanol, should I use 50/50 water/meth or 100% methanol injection?

Final thing, Currently, I live in the middle east (Saudi Arabia), but unfortunately, there is no single tuner there (locals) satisfied me at all, so, do you recommend any specific tuner, of course it will be remote, but i need someone who have the solid experience of (Drag, Circuit and smooth cursing) no matter how much it cost.
Notably, that many folks mentioned Lund and beefcake.. so what do you think?

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
There really isnt much to tune for with the thermostat, all you need to do is lower the temp when your fan kicks on to take advantage of the thermostat opening sooner.

What fuels do you have readily available, or would you be ordering everything? If you have E85 available I would definitely take advantage of it and run it. If you are having to order it C85 will be nice, although its pricey, very similar to your MS109. Basically, any high content Ethanol fuel will help tremendously. The Ethanol creates a cooling effect which is exactly what you need.

In terms of what to run in your Snow kit, I would let your tuner decide for you.

Lund Racing is very popular and they know their stuff. I have been using Shaun from AED and have no need to try anyone else. Shaun is very easy to deal with and most importantly he always responds to emails FAST. I have a very basic set up on my car and it runs flawless, Shaun has always answered all of my questions and taken the time to explain things to me. I also know he tunes cars that are road coursed so even if you dont choose him I would definitely reach out to him and pick his brain. I dont think he post on here much but his username @Shaun@AED.

The most popular remote tuners in my opinion are AED, Lund Racing, VMP Performance, and Palm Beach Dyno. Hope this helps

Leonard

TVSed GT

Established Member
VMP has my vote but I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the above suggestions for tuning

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Sai Li is who u should have tune ur car remotely. Li Tuning & Racing

great, for the thermostat, already have Mishimoto 160f but i believe the tuner missed to tune it properly.
Good to mention that I've Snowperformance Stage 03 methanol injection kit, but not connected/used, but already installed.
So, what do you recommend, to use C85, E85, or Ms109 with Methanol Inj enabled?
and in case of prefernce of MS109 with Methanol, should I use 50/50 water/meth or 100% methanol injection?

Final thing, Currently, I live in the middle east (Saudi Arabia), but unfortunately, there is no single tuner there (locals) satisfied me at all, so, do you recommend any specific tuner, of course it will be remote, but i need someone who have the solid experience of (Drag, Circuit and smooth cursing) no matter how much it cost.
Notably, that many folks mentioned Lund and beefcake.. so what do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread