Best bolt on mod

zepeda26

Established Member
Best bolt on mod for an 02 Focus SVT

What are the best bolt on mods for a 02 Focus Svt beside a super charger or turbo just dont have that kinda of cash yet. Also please list Hp gains too. Thank you. Right now I have a CIA, CFM pulleys set and I would like to stay legal for emissions only but like to get into the 300's as far as hp. Soon I will do an msd coil pack set and new 38lb or 44lb fuel injectors.

Last edited:

jasonpalamar

Established Member
Cars are pritty much maxed as is. No bolt ons will do anything. Stock tune is conservitive. Won't gain much HP but will be very noticable if its DD.

CaysE

SVT Focus Guru
Established Member
If he didn't before, it's in his post now.

I don't know what Colorado's emissions laws are like, but a high-flow cat pipe is not a bad option at all. There are only 3 things you can bolt on to an SVTf to gain power and that's one of them (or an off-road pipe, but a high-flow cat performs almost as well and won't leave your car smelling like fumes).

The other two options are a cold air intake (which I'm guessing you have) and a tune from Focus-Power. Depending on the CAI you have though, some will perform better than others. An AEM would be the best option, unless you have the money to spend on a Pipercross Viper from the UK. Anything else won't perform as well.

An MSD coil and injectors are a waste of money; don't bother. And there's no way in hell you're getting 300hp without going turbo or spending a lot of money on a high-comp ITB motor.

Last edited:

bluesvt420

Established Member
your best bet for boltons would be as follows im not going to take the time to go through how much horsepower each ads but gues between 5 and 20. also alot of throttle response is gained and you will notice it. i have a stock focus svt but my cousin had an svt with every bolton possible except the new cam shafts but the cams are pretty aggresive to begin with .

-billet underdrive pulleys
-im not sure if its the 16 or the 17 mm ported throttle body but it adds a -noticable amount of throttle response.
-also you want to get the toms tune from focusfanatcs.com
-intake k&n makes a nice one.
-off road pipe. borla? or if you have the 3 door i would go with the hks exhaust.
-of course the bottle.
-short throw shifter
-ported heads

you will probably up to around 215 horse give or take a few with just these bolt ons but you really need to go forced induction if you want to get theses things movin because they have a lot of aftermarket parts already. your best bet would probably be to get a focus the v6 idk too much about them and i love the svt but it just seems they would be better for bolton mods.

SCtobe

Established Member
SCT X3 as well… the SVTF is probably the best recipient for an SCT program EVER. Night and day difference in driveability and power, approx 15 rwhp and 15 rwtq across the entire power band.

beyond that don't waste your money you'll need a power adder.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
Forced induction is really the only way you'll get 300 useable hp on the street, Nitrous could probably do it but it's not the most reliable way to do it.

Besides the fact that at 300hp you'll be extremely traction limited in a front wheel drive car like this.

A throttle body makes the car a lot more responsive and a good tune really wakes it up but won't make it a rocket in a straight line.

SCtobe

Established Member
Get over yourself. There's always something faster out there. Enjoy what you can afford. :kaboom:

Agreed! Enjoy what you have, I have a 5.4 whipple dropped in my gt mustang, who cares. Svtf is meant to be enjoyed so giver!

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
And your post helped answer this question how? :dw:

Not everybody wants a heavy assed car! :read:

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Agreed, it is understandable to be upset if you have what you consider to be a lemon but to constantly bash in this section does no good.

Post like that would be considered "Nonconstructive posting" Check the site rules if you have a question about it.

Hint hint.

Users who are viewing this thread