Best Batman

Best Batman

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
You guys are forgetting one major thing. Batman Begins was a prequil to all the previous Batmans. Bale may very well be purposely portraying Bruce/Batman in a specific way to shed some light on how his character use to be. Yes, Keaton portrayed a stoich Batman in the earlier movies, but those movies are suppose to occur after Batman Begins. Maybe they're having Bale act that way so they can show the evolution in maturity of Bruce Wayne.

ViciousJay

Established Member
You guys are forgetting one major thing. Batman Begins was a prequil to all the previous Batmans. Bale may very well be purposely portraying Bruce/Batman in a specific way to shed some light on how his character use to be. Yes, Keaton portrayed a stoich Batman in the earlier movies, but those movies are suppose to occur after Batman Begins. Maybe they're having Bale act that way so they can show the evolution in maturity of Bruce Wayne.

Begins was a reboot not prequel

that came straight from the main mans mouth when i talked with him on set, Mr Nolan himself

Vigilante

Established Member
Batman Begins isn't a movie for you if you a) don't like the first movies, or b) not into Batman that much. The 1989 Batman was split into Batman Begins and Dark Knight to focus more upon Bruce wayne and how he became batman, for those who didn't read the comics, and now it should focus on Batman due to the Joker being in this one.

EDIT: It is both a reboot and a prequil of the first one.

Last edited:

tama

Mastermind
Established Member
Batman Begins isn't a movie for you if you a) don't like the first movies, or b) not into Batman that much. The 1989 Batman was split into Batman Begins and Dark Knight to focus more upon Bruce wayne and how he became batman, for those who didn't read the comics, and now it should focus on Batman due to the Joker being in this one.

What? What are you talking about? The original 1989 has nothing to do at all with Begins or Dark Knight. This series is a complete reboot of the batman franchise.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
EDIT: It is both a reboot and a prequil of the first one.

once again your wrong read above, when i played my scenes i sat and ate lunch with all teh crew, Nolan got questions like crazy and one was this very one, he said it was a REBOOT after the mess that was made of the 2 previous films, also said hes vision was to make these movies to make you think their really could be a batman in our world other then a comic

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
keaton and bale were both good, but but bale gave Bruce wayne an arragant playboy that he's supposed to be and a darker side of batman where he does whats to be done with out flinching

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
ok i have to say that bale is my favorite. but that keaton set a high standard and is a very close second. honestly bale is the only person who could of really lived up to keaton...that's imo of course! haha i def are have tickets for my girl and i for friday!!!

Cobra84

Established Member
Keaton wasn't a horrible Batman but i had to give my vote to Bale. I have liked almost every movie Bale stars in and Batman Begins was great! I can't wait to see the new movie.

Cobra84

Established Member
I think it was motor trend or car & driver a while ago did a comparison with all of the movie superhero cars of the past. The batmobile was not as fast as it was portrayed. False Advertising if you ask me

Hmmmmm, Christian Bale is looking pretty fine in that Batman get-up...;-)

Here ya go guys, from a car show we entered last month here in Los Angeles.

file.php

Slug Fest

not amused
Established Member
just finished watching Batman begins......again.... did not fall asleep this time.... I have to say I'm standing my ground, Keaton gets my vote....

ViciousJay

Established Member
Unmaksing of Batman on the History Channel is on in 2 min if interested check it out! sorry i forgot to post it guys! 8 central 9 eastern

97cobraheaven

Established Member
I like how Bale seperated Batman from Bruce Wayne in suttle ways.

The voice difference, love it

The playboy, put on a show, manipulative style of Bruce Wayne when needed

More athletic than any other Batman, I dont doubt that Bale could kick any previous Batmans ASS! in their prime..

Dont forget Alfred, not sure of the actors name but he is the best Alfred to date as well

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
batman begins was by FAR better than all the previous versions, imo. i did like the first one with michael keaton. it was campy and was like the tv show but i really like how they made the Bale version more realistic. i never really got into the comics but wasnt batman supposed to be pissed and about vengeance (against all bad guys)? that's how bale seemed to me. keaton seemed more of a happy-go-lucky batman.

i remember standing in line for hours too when batman came out. i think i was in 7th grade. it was great, but comical. i like this newer, edgier, more real version better. it has nothing to do with special effects. its all about story line, directing and acting. i personally think Batman Begins was one of the best movies i have ever seen (one of my favorite anyways). (from an all around point of view). every time i catch it on cable i end up watching it.

keaton's batmobile was cool but too comic bookish. the tumbler is purposeful and more realistic imo. it was designed to be a combat tank but never put into production. he adopts it as his personal crime-fighting vehicle. the bike looks cool but hopefully it wont be cheesy like the old vehicles. im sure its some form of combat bike wayne enterprises developed, like the tumbler. and thank GOD their not making the vehicles in the shape of bats or with bats all over them. remember the Batwing he flew in one of the previous versions? lol.

stangin99

Established Member
The poll shows how I feel, and that is that this shouldn't even be close.

Bale is so much better than Keaton in so many ways. Christ, Keaton isn't even 6' tall they had to make Basinger walk without heels in several scenes so she wouldn't tower over him.

Users who are viewing this thread