Best Batman

Best Batman

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
since the only two worth mentioning are Keaton and Bale, we'll go from there. Kilmer was alright.. clooney and the whole series after that became a neon induced, techno saturated homosexual running gag, like we had stepped by to '68 and was watching a bat-tusi.

I've only seen Bale in one installment. Keaton got 2 shots, and did really well IMO.. considering he wasn't cast as an action star with your stallones or arnies, He held is own pretty well.

Tama is on to somthing. Keaton's portrayal wasn't too intense or over bearing. It was played understated and not too over the top..which really plays to keaton's personality.. Of course I have a preferance for the entire saga directed under Burton. Art direction, music, all over style.. just very Gotham City. The actors, Bassinger, Jack palance, Jack nicholson, Danny Devito, Christopher Walken.. throw a pebble and you can't not hit a star. It was a very well executed foray for the first mega action attempt at the franchise. and is still one of the best Superhero movies, I've ever seen.

The only problem I tend to see is Bale (at least from the first Movie) has a tendancy to be a little smarmy at times..I dunno how to describe it but he seems to have try and convince people of everything he's doing. From developing a relationship with Rachel to being intimidating as the Dark Knight, I hate to say it, sometimes winds up with him, "chewing the scenery" by overreaching for the appropriate emotion. I haven't seen the second installment, so I can not comment. Most actors find their characters center by a sequel, so that is what I'm hoping for..

I like everything about this revived franchise so far.. Great action, directing, supreb cast of actors, a haunting swan song performance by Ledger, I hope I'm justified in my premature review.

the first part i agree with. the second not so much.

Bale got my vote. i think he is a more dark and intense batman to be honest. more along the lines of the comic. Keaton did a good job, but he just wasnt what you expected after reading the comic IMO. yeah burton did a good job with a scenery and plot lines, but keaton just wasnt quite the batman that he could/I] have been.

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
It's a toss up between Keaton and Bale for me, but Keaton will get my vote because his Batmobile was cooler. I don't like that big stupid tank thing that Bale drove in Batman Begins. From what I've seen in the previews for the Dark Knight, I don't like that motorcycle thing he rides either.

what???!!! that thing was awesome!!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPSEDXw4ilc&feature=related"]YouTube - Batman Forever Opening[/ame]

Still think Kilmer did a pretty good job. The change in style I think is why I still really like Batman Forever. Different than Burton's version, but not too over the top.. yet.

VAMPIR3

Established Member
Keaton..... I was in 6th grade when that came out and it was the summer hype. I can remember waiting in line for 4 hours to see it. It was everything I expected and Nicholson played an awesome Joker. Looking forward to seeing Ledger play him.

SnakeStang96

SVT Crazy
Established Member
Keaton FTW. I liked Bale, he wasnt bad. It will all tell in the Dark Knight if hes gonna be good. I didnt like him in Batman Begins, it just seemed like he was trying too hard with his intimidating factor. His whole voice thing bothered me. I think Keatons cool and calm angle was more badass.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
movie-batmobile.gif

ViciousJay

Established Member
Keaton is NOT BATMAN.. beetlejuice is not batman, hes a fine actor but Bale plays the role perfect playboy/hero

cant ask for a better batman....! Blae wins hands down, also Keaton needs hair plugs!

95!Vette!

Established Member
I cant believe some of the answers Im hearing Bale is a better batman wow that's just insane Keaton is the Best:rockon: FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
Keaton all the way. the original just kicked so much ass. very dark film with the way everything was portrayed - characters, city, etc. I also liked how he was quiet, didnt have to say anything and just kicked everyones asses.

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
Hmmmmm, Christian Bale is looking pretty fine in that Batman get-up...;-)

Here ya go guys, from a car show we entered last month here in Los Angeles.

file.php

95!Vette!

Established Member
I have a picture of me in the origional batmobile from when adam west played as batman like the picture above, I'll have to go look around see if I can find it lol I was like 6 hahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread