Slug Fest

not amused
Established Member
can someone post pics of the old batmans

Here you go lol......

AWest1.gif

95!Vette!

Established Member
The best all around Batman is Michael Keaton, He by far did the best job in my view Batman is the man:rockon:
This will be the tat I will be getting on my right arm
batman3vu8.jpg
[/IMG]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waAu9tsBciY&feature=related"]Youtube - My Batman Trailer [/ame]

Last edited:

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
It's a toss up between Keaton and Bale for me, but Keaton will get my vote because his Batmobile was cooler. I don't like that big stupid tank thing that Bale drove in Batman Begins. From what I've seen in the previews for the Dark Knight, I don't like that motorcycle thing he rides either.

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
I usually don't have a strong opinion when it comes to actors and the roles they play, but if you sit down and watch all the Batman movies you have to agree that Michael Keaton plays the best role. The unfortunate fact is that most on this site view Christian Bale as Batman because they haven't seen the others.

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
Bale puts keaton to shame IMO...its not even close to which is better...

Take a look at the acting and not the action that takes place in the movies. Bale has the special effects of today in his favor which makes you like the movie more and thus like his role more as well.

Raven519

Established Member
Take a look at the acting and not the action that takes place in the movies. Bale has the special effects of today in his favor which makes you like the movie more and thus like his role more as well.

my opinion won't change, i've seen all the movies and Bale is the Best...simple as that...keaton was good but not as good as Bale...

special effects have nothing to do with how i rate who is the better one, so thus you are incorrect in your assumption...

Slug Fest

not amused
Established Member
I usually don't have a strong opinion when it comes to actors and the roles they play, but if you sit down and watch all the Batman movies you have to agree that Michael Keaton plays the best role. The unfortunate fact is that most on this site view Christian Bale as Batman because they haven't seen the others.

I'd have to agree with this post......

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
Michael Keaton gets my vote. He was definitely a sexy Batman! ;-) Christian Bale is a very close second.

barrett_g

Established Member
Keaton gets my vote....

I remember David Letterman asked all his guests for what felt like weeks... "Do you remember where you were when you heard Michael Keaton would not be the next Batman?" LOL!

As someone else has said... I liked his stare... his composure. He didn't have to growl and shake when he talked like he was trying to pass last night's tacobell to make an intimadating Batman.

One of my favorite scenes and a good example of Keaton's composure is the one with the sword weilding ninja guy. Keaton stood there.... blocked all the blades...and then knocked him on his ass!

Bale's Batman is a close second though... I like his use of stealth... as he's nabbing guys out of the shadows.

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
I have to give it to Keaton now, but I may change my mind by Saturday. The only problem I have wigh Bale is he seemed a little too "kiddish" in the 1st one. Now, the premise of the film was his character kind of coming into his own and resolving a bunch of childhood and adolescent issues, so I kind give him some room on that one. If he legitimately shows up as a serious adult crimefighting hero, then I may change my mind.

But for now, Keaton personifies the role of the rich guy with a hidden agenda which is saving the day. Kilmer was't bad either.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
since the only two worth mentioning are Keaton and Bale, we'll go from there. Kilmer was alright.. clooney and the whole series after that became a neon induced, techno saturated homosexual running gag, like we had stepped by to '68 and was watching a bat-tusi.

I've only seen Bale in one installment. Keaton got 2 shots, and did really well IMO.. considering he wasn't cast as an action star with your stallones or arnies, He held is own pretty well.

Tama is on to somthing. Keaton's portrayal wasn't too intense or over bearing. It was played understated and not too over the top..which really plays to keaton's personality.. Of course I have a preferance for the entire saga directed under Burton. Art direction, music, all over style.. just very Gotham City. The actors, Bassinger, Jack palance, Jack nicholson, Danny Devito, Christopher Walken.. throw a pebble and you can't not hit a star. It was a very well executed foray for the first mega action attempt at the franchise. and is still one of the best Superhero movies, I've ever seen.

The only problem I tend to see is Bale (at least from the first Movie) has a tendancy to be a little smarmy at times..I dunno how to describe it but he seems to have try and convince people of everything he's doing. From developing a relationship with Rachel to being intimidating as the Dark Knight, I hate to say it, sometimes winds up with him, "chewing the scenery" by overreaching for the appropriate emotion. I haven't seen the second installment, so I can not comment. Most actors find their characters center by a sequel, so that is what I'm hoping for..

I like everything about this revived franchise so far.. Great action, directing, supreb cast of actors, a haunting swan song performance by Ledger, I hope I'm justified in my premature review.

Excellent post, and I agree. Keaton is no "action" star at all, and when he was first cast as Batman, I said "WTF?" But he played the role perfectly. Very subdued and understated, lending to the darker undertones that I think the Batman movies should have (no doubt brought about by Burton). Bale was good, but not as good as Keaton IMO. From what I've seen of the trailers for The Dark Knight, it looks like Heath Ledger's Joker might go down as one of the greatest villians. We'll see.

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
Keaton FTMFW!!! Now, Adam West plays a decent idiot mayor in Family Guy....(Yes, it's really Adam West...lol)

Users who are viewing this thread