Best Batman

Best Batman

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tama

Mastermind
Established Member
Just as the title states. Best batman and why?

I say Michael Keaton for me. He had a vague presensce as Batman. I like his quiet staredown role....never said much.

I loved it when Jack tells him "Nice Suit" then the quite grimming staredown from Keaton haha I love it.

Last edited:

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
Chritian Bale by far for acting and playing the part very well

For a bunch of great laughs , I gotta go with Adam West.

Slug Fest

not amused
Established Member
Michael Keaton got my vote.... I tried to watch Batman begins twice an fell asleep both times.... I hope the new one is better....

whitetrash1

Established Member
Michael Keaton got my vote.... I tried to watch Batman begins twice an fell asleep both times.... I hope the new one is better....

it is slow in the beginning but its pretty good i think. you got more background info on him and you have have to remember by redoing all these they have to educate the new fans that didnt grow up with it

94five0

*Click*
Established Member
since the only two worth mentioning are Keaton and Bale, we'll go from there. Kilmer was alright.. clooney and the whole series after that became a neon induced, techno saturated homosexual running gag, like we had stepped by to '68 and was watching a bat-tusi.

I've only seen Bale in one installment. Keaton got 2 shots, and did really well IMO.. considering he wasn't cast as an action star with your stallones or arnies, He held is own pretty well.

Tama is on to somthing. Keaton's portrayal wasn't too intense or over bearing. It was played understated and not too over the top..which really plays to keaton's personality.. Of course I have a preferance for the entire saga directed under Burton. Art direction, music, all over style.. just very Gotham City. The actors, Bassinger, Jack palance, Jack nicholson, Danny Devito, Christopher Walken.. throw a pebble and you can't not hit a star. It was a very well executed foray for the first mega action attempt at the franchise. and is still one of the best Superhero movies, I've ever seen.

The only problem I tend to see is Bale (at least from the first Movie) has a tendancy to be a little smarmy at times..I dunno how to describe it but he seems to have try and convince people of everything he's doing. From developing a relationship with Rachel to being intimidating as the Dark Knight, I hate to say it, sometimes winds up with him, "chewing the scenery" by overreaching for the appropriate emotion. I haven't seen the second installment, so I can not comment. Most actors find their characters center by a sequel, so that is what I'm hoping for..

I like everything about this revived franchise so far.. Great action, directing, supreb cast of actors, a haunting swan song performance by Ledger, I hope I'm justified in my premature review.

tama

Mastermind
Established Member
Well put 94five0....I like bales "Wayne" but I don't quite like the smoker rasphy voice as "Batman":shrug:

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
how can people say Christian Bale??? Have the people that voted C. Bale seen the movie... doubtful since it has not been officially released.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
I realize batman begins but I feel he is getting so many votes because of the new Batman hype and him being Bruce Wayne thats all.

Slug Fest

not amused
Established Member
it is slow in the beginning but its pretty good i think. you got more background info on him and you have have to remember by redoing all these they have to educate the new fans that didnt grow up with it

I'll rent it again before I see the new one but I dunno...... Tama kinda nailed it for me...the way Bale used the rasphy voice to portray Batman felt wierd to me I guess..... that and yes it was real slow moving in the beginning.....

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
I think bale is the best. I think he has represented the batman on a realistic level and has played the part very well.

Users who are viewing this thread