Best approach for tuning. (Foxbody)

Om3ga47

PIIHB
Established Member
I have a H/C/I 5.0 that needs some tuning. I can not bring myself to give a stranger $300+ for a tune, not to mention I still need to drop another $300 on a chip. I am looking for something affordable that obviously works. Any recommendations on a certain chip/software?

HotStart

Fastest Stock Daytona
Established Member
I have a H/C/I 5.0 that needs some tuning. I can not bring myself to give a stranger $300+ for a tune, not to mention I still need to drop another $300 on a chip. I am looking for something affordable that obviously works. Any recommendations on a certain chip/software?

Take a look at the Tweecer RT. I would have no problem using the Tweecer or SCT products, but remember if you buy the SCT PRP, you're still going to have to purchase a chip, something to log with, and a chip burner. SCT has very good software and support, but if you're trying to tune yourself to save money, it may be cheaper to just bring it to someone (depending on how many times you'll change the setup, and need a new tune of course).

No matter what software you buy, you'll need a wideband ( I recommend the NGK AFX), and there is no way to properly set your timing without a dyno (but you can just set it conservatively on the street), so keep that in mind when you're looking at the prices. If you want to tune the car yourself simply to have that control, then go for it, but if you're considering it only to save money, it won't be any less expensive in the short term.

Users who are viewing this thread