Best Aftermarket Seats for 99-04 Mustang

BigTang

Breakin' Stuff
Established Member
lol @ the guy w/ the blue seats carrying on about how great they are then posting the pic w/ the big gaping hole in the bolster. i have 160k on my stock leather seats and they don't look like they've ever been sat in.

I've had a Forza 2 and it rotted just sitting in my LX in the garage. it was never exposed to chemicals, sunlight, nothing. brand new seat but 2 years old, sat in the back room of the house and when i finally put it in I sat in it and it shredded.

I had a set of FX1s and the material separated at the seams after about 6 months of daily driving.

They look awesome, the feel decent but they just don't hold up unless you recover them.

You could also look into some acura RSX take out seats, very comfortable, look like a recaro and are light. I had a set of those and some Si suede take outs at one point too. both great seats.

LilRoush

M112'd Roush x2
Established Member
lol @ the guy w/ the blue seats carrying on about how great they are then posting the pic w/ the big gaping hole in the bolster. i have 160k on my stock leather seats and they don't look like they've ever been sat in.

Again, I said I abused the crap out of them. They've been raced in, DD in Texas and Florida heat and Minnesota winters for 200,000 miles. They've held up better than any stock leather I have had (including Terminator leather seats). That's a small wear spot, not a 'gapping hole'.

I challenge you to show me a well priced aftermarket fabric seat that will hold up that well through all of that. If you have one, please post it so I can learn.

Last edited:

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
I used to have FK seats which are about the same as the cheap Summits, terrible seat, got rid of them quickly.
next I had Corbeau CR1s with cloth, fit ok, cloth looked used really quick and they didn't work with the rollbar I used to have.
then I bought a set of Corbeau TRS in Suede which I have in my car right now and hate them, they look good but that's about it, the side support is not enough and what bothers me most is that the back is not stable, when leaning backwards the back of the seat will move!
I'm done with going cheap and getting Recare Pole Positions next

BigTang

Breakin' Stuff
Established Member
Again, I said I abused the crap out of them. They've been raced in, DD in Texas and Florida heat and Minnesota winters for 200,000 miles. They've held up better than any stock leather I have had (including Terminator leather seats). That's a small wear spot, not a 'gapping hole'.

I challenge you to show me a well priced aftermarket fabric seat that will hold up that well through all of that. If you have one, please post it so I can learn.

way to take my post and twist it. You left out the part that I had poor experience w/ not 1 but 3 corbeau seats with well under 2k miles on them, then again I didn't abuse the crap out of them so maybe thats where I went wrong, what w/ keeping them clean and out of harm's way.

And yes, that is a big gapping hole. C'mon, this is SVT everyone has mint terminators and supermodel girlfriends so you have to expect some criticism or telling it like it is on things w/ wear and tear.

The only aftermarket seats/fabric that I can vouch for is katskinz factory replacement seat material. They held up well in my dodge.

The guy wanted opinions on what to get, everyone has had different experiences but all w/ the same end result.

As I suggested the acura or Si seats. My 75k mile Si suede seats looked show room fresh when I sold the car and they looked more fragile than anything I've ever seen especially the mesh insert on the seating surface.

Even my 110k miles stock leather seats in my truck look brand new, not even a smudge of wear on the bolster, so why is it so hard for an aftermarket company to source material for their seats?

LilRoush

M112'd Roush x2
Established Member
Not twisting anything. You're the one who tried to compare wear on your leather to wear on cloth. Talk about apples to oranges.

You had some bad experiences (I didn't say you didn't), I'm saying I've had great ones... with over half a dozen pairs of Cobreau seats. Why should your negative have more weight than someone else's positive? Are you god of all things seats on this site? Sorry I didn't know. Apparently everyone DIDN'T have the same end result as you claim... if you can read, you'd see that.

You say you take care of your stuff so well, and yet can't keep aftermarket seats past 2000 miles. Maybe it's the user not the product?

Last edited:

BigTang

Breakin' Stuff
Established Member
Think what you will but some one that says that seat doesn't hve a big gapping hole in it has little credibility when it comes to all things seats.

I keep up with my toys and keep them clean. Hell my toilet seat looks nicer than your "hardly worn" Corbeaus.

LilRoush

M112'd Roush x2
Established Member
I've never usedthe term 'hardly worn', nor does it have a 'big gapping hole'... I said it was worn right in the post, and explained why. It does have a small tear. The tear happend when getting into the car with a screwdriver in my back pocket. Big deal - who cares? They still held up AMAZING for what they've been through.

When your toliet seat has 200,000 miles worth of use, let me know how it looks. You go keep your toys clean. I'll go use use my toys. We'll both be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread