Best aftermarket Alternator option for 2013-14 GT500

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Let me spec your stuff out and save $30k. I can kick you in the balls too if you want the SAI feeling.
The reason I'll go the SAI route @Turbo98GT to do the antihop package is to keep everything on the car documented correctly with shelby. If my shelby wasnt a 2013 SS #8 car I absolutely wouldnt go this route. I never plan to sell but shall I be forced, having the work done and documented at shelby will help the resale and value.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I did just the K-member and kept the stock A-arms just because of the NVH concerns.
No issues from the K-member and the lower radiator tubular support.
Those 2 mods and the lighter but still big 14” 6-piston Wildwood brakes and front drag 18x6” wheels made a huge difference in front end weight and feel.
I eventually removed the front sway bar for a track day but never reinstalled as it didn’t feel bad on the street.
-J

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I did just the K-member and kept the stock A-arms just because of the NVH concerns.
No issues from the K-member and the lower radiator tubular support.
Those 2 mods and the lighter but still big 14” 6-piston Wildwood brakes and front drag 18x6” wheels made a huge difference in front end weight and feel.
I eventually removed the front sway bar for a track day but never reinstalled as it didn’t feel bad on the street.
-J
What K-member did you go with?

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Last edited:

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I understand you wanting to move the battery. The location on the 05+ is much better than prior generations since it is behind the strut tower. How much weight are you adding with the heavy cable required? You should also be adding a relay and wiring to/from as well. That goes against your goal of reducing weight.

Maybe a lighter battery would be a better overall choice?

Tom

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I understand you wanting to move the battery. The location on the 05+ is much better than prior generations since it is behind the strut tower. How much weight are you adding with the heavy cable required? You should also be adding a relay and wiring to/from as well. That goes against your goal of reducing weight.

Maybe a lighter battery would be a better overall choice?

Tom

My plan to relocate the battery to the trunk @tomshep along with other measures (Ceramic Brakes,Rims, SAI Antihop upgrade and reducing as much reasonable weight from the front end) to reduce/transfer some weight for a better balanced S197 chassis for drivabilty, launching and putting all that 765 RWHP to the ground is my goal. I believe all the upgrades mentioned above will help contribute to my goal with my 2013 Shelby SS. There are many factors to consider for sure. Im going to start a thread for suspension upgrade ideas and recommendations soon but here are other threads pertaining to the above.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Well, you seem rather determined to relocate your battery. I'll say this and quit. I understand this is from Watson Racing and they know their stuff. With that said, there is NO WAY I would put a battery in the trunk without putting it in a box and proper venting. I've had a battery blow up on me and the damage was staggering. It sounded like a shotgun going off. No way would that be in the trunk open.

Tom

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Well, you seem rather determined to relocate your battery. I'll say this and quit. I understand this is from Watson Racing and they know their stuff. With that said, there is NO WAY I would put a battery in the trunk without putting it in a box and proper venting. I've had a battery blow up on me and the damage was staggering. It sounded like a shotgun going off. No way would that be in the trunk open.

Tom
I am extremely motivated and determined to achive my goal and I will succeed @tomshep!! Its just not about moving a battery to a trunk.....there is a much bigger picture and its just a small part of the equation!! I have the utmost respect for your reasoning and concerns. I actually agree with your safety concern. I am going to research every possible safe way to do it the way I'd like to . If I have any doubt about my safety or destroying my 2013 SS, I rest assure you I will not jeopardize either. I will go the safest route. Again, thank you for your concerned comment and it is taken into account!!! Im also getting professional advice from watson racing, SAI and ford performance thru my contacts at work (I work for Ford Motor CO) so there are reliable, technical and professional connections between the 3 parties. Im not even going to install the kit myself (Either SAI or Watson Racing going to do the install) so unless its agreed on to be installed safely and professionally it wont be done and I'll go another route.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread