berlin turnpike

CTmatt

Established Member
any of you mass or CT guys ever head down to the berlin turnpike for the weekends? its a real good time as long as you dont do anything stupid. some people say it sucks cause there are so many cops, but as long as you keep your nose clean its a good time.

Lugi 98 SVT

Established Member
CT Matt, I'll be in Glastonbury around 3 on Friday with the Cobra as long as the weather forecast doesn't stink.
Goin to the Pats game and my sister lives there.

CTmatt

Established Member
hey lugi.......just out of curiousity, whats her last name, maybe i know her.... im getting my saleen wed or thurs, so ill be pretty tied up, but next time you are in town, let me know, and ill show you some of the local spots;-)

FastFwd

Dave hates me
Established Member
Just came back from NJ today and everytime I go down and back I use the Merrit Parkway. Don't get much of chance to use 15 between Hartford and the spot where 91 crosses . Have to check it some time when the weather gets nicer.

John

Lugi 98 SVT

Established Member
Actually me and my sister are originally from Ellington. My sisters husband is the building super for Glastonbury so they live there now.
My last name is Luginbuhl

wannacobra

Future Job...
Established Member
i go to the pike every once in a while in the summer b/c thats when mo of the nicer cars are out and either racin er just hangin at dunkin donuts or taco bell. do people still hang out there during the winter??

CTmatt

Established Member
people go there usually up till it gets real cold. i usually stop going late october. it gets going as soon as the weather gets nice out in the spring.

Longshot

Established Member
I've been going down there for years,Hooters for wings,car shows ect. You can see some very nice cars. You are right as long as you don't push it the cops are ok with a good launch or two from a light.

wannacobra

Future Job...
Established Member
OMG i was at dunkin donuts one night about three months ago and this integra GSR and this hyundai pull otu of the parkin lot and they stop RIGHT THERE and go to race and the hyundai gets a better launch but then out of nowhere a cop come flying over the hill and almost nails theGSR and keeps going... must have been going to a wreck er something.. but it was prolly the funniest things that i have seen up there.:lol: a little off topic but i just thought of it when i reading longshot's post :rockon:

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
The problem with the pike isnt so much the amnt of cops, but that they cruise in disguised cars and try to entice people to race. Its happened twice before my own eyes. The two cars i know of are a mid 90's taurus, and a 2nd gen eclipse. I have heard of there also being a civic, and an integra. All of them are riced out of course. They will get you to a light, wait for you to launch and speed away, then tag you and have the whole damn police force on your butt.

CTmatt

Established Member
you have to realize and come to the conclusion, if you go to the pike, you have to drive at a steady 45 mph, and not do anything stupid.......

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
Seeing as I live in berlin, im down Matt. I know a bunch of people from there. So I can introduce you, as well im sure you would do the same for me. As far as bait there are cars ranging from a white chevy blazer, interpid, camaros, green taru (he got everyone) to a prelude.

02cobraguy

Established Member
Originally posted by Jman20427
As far as bait there are cars ranging from a white chevy blazer, interpid, camaros, green taru (he got everyone) to a prelude.

Don't forget the police bike... :bash:

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
The pike sucks!! Go to airport road for some real fun ! It's like Fast and the furious with thousands of people !! Real nuts!

CTmatt

Established Member
haha no thanks, i dont need to bring my car around 1000's of lunatics racing into oncoming traffice. the cops have pretty much slowed that place down anyway.

slo5.0

Established Member
this year the bmk will be at the pike.... you all need to go there and meet up with us there about 6 mustangs form elling/vernon/hartford area goin you guys need to be there

GT2aCOBRA

Established Member
oh man this is gonna be a great year! anyway we should all meet up sumtime and cruise or sumthing get to know each other, oh yea dont forget nick its gettin nice out now time for those pictures dude!

GT2aCOBRA

Established Member
oh yea by the way nick (slo5.0) is the kid with me at the mall that day i saw u there, I think hes still there bowing LOL:bowdown: Teh 03 makes him weak in da knees!

Users who are viewing this thread