Benz E63s reviews?

My94GT

Established Member
As of late I find myself missing the enjoyment of a fun car. As I lust for a Gen V viper I just can’t help think how impractical a garage queen is. Between limited time due to work and family a two seat car would get little to no use. I enjoy my ram for its daily use but I wonder if a more capable sedan would curb my cravings for go fast fun while still providing me ample use.

the E63s has my attention and reviews seem what I’d expect with very high praise of its power when you’re on it but mild mannered attitude when used for daily duty. AWD provides the ability to daily all year with what little snow we see here in MD anymore and the ability to go drift mode rwd only seems a fun idea for weekend fooling around.

anyone have experience with them, how do they perform, how’s the reliability, and how is it for daily use? I spend two hours a day in a vehicle so a plush interior is something I’ve come to appreciate in recent years and I couldn’t see much smaller then this size sedan having two kids both in car seats.

patc84

Established Member
w212 or w213 chassis. feel free to PM me. I work with them both maint and upgrades @ RENNtech in Florida. LMK

My94GT

Established Member
w212 or w213 chassis. feel free to PM me. I work with them both maint and upgrades @ RENNtech in Florida. LMK
Id like to go as new as possible when the time comes but this may be one car I buy lightly used as the initial value dump isn’t a hit I want to take. So likely a 2020 that’s a w213 I assume?

patc84

Established Member
got it.

The w213 chassis is lightyears ahead of the w212. Better motor, hot V setup, 4matic+ trans. I have many customers that daily them with no issues both stock and modified. Just basic maint. If you had mentioned the w212 chassis with the m157 motor, i would have told you all the stuff i see on a daily basis to not get stuck in that rabbit hole and go for the w213 chassis.

In stock form the car is a legit rocketship. Drivetrain is pretty bulletproof too. Drivability is spot on. I would not opt for the upgraded race type seats and get the standard. They can get a bit uncomfortable after time. Launch control is insane as well.

This would be my go to car when i upgrade to a AMG finally. The first time driving it, it felt perfect (well to me).

And if it gets to feel slow, my tune brings it up to 773/778 with stock like drivability. Under 3 sec 0-60 and high 10's in the 1/4.

Let me know if you have other questions regarding the car.

Pat

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Are you looking to buy new or used? The W213 chassis wagon E63 S 4MATIC+ is my favorite MB product and I had a 2020 E 63 S wagon as a company vehicle. The amount of tech and safety in these cars is unreal, along with the performance.

My94GT

Established Member
Are you looking to buy new or used? The W213 chassis wagon E63 S 4MATIC+ is my favorite MB product and I had a 2020 E 63 S wagon as a company vehicle. The amount of tech and safety in these cars is unreal, along with the performance.

I would likely buy used. I’m not svtp baller status. I’m already seeing 2020s with under 10k miles for 85-95k pending options. Some of these msrp for 110k+.

I would keep the car stock as these days I want fun and reliable which thankfully isnt a hard ask anymore from many offerings on the market. Did you have any issues with the wagon, and how many miles did you put on it?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Subscribing.
I miss the dynamic massaging seats of my E55.
Also, after having a Hellcat Charger and then recently driving a 4-door AMG GT 63s (forgot the 4-door even existed) I do remember why I miss the AMG interior, especially if you spend that much time on the commute.
Good luck.
-J

My94GT

Established Member
Subscribing.
I miss the dynamic massaging seats of my E55.
Also, after having a Hellcat Charger and then recently driving a 4-door AMG GT 63s (forgot the 4-door even existed) I do remember why I miss the AMG interior, especially if you spend that much time on the commute.
Good luck.
-J

thankfully the ram provides a very comfortable ride for now so I’m not in a huge rush but I may start shopping come year end. My initial impression how ever is the E63s seems like a well rounded car that can nearly tick all the boxes for what I want and what’s practical for me at this time frame in life. I also wouldn’t mind enjoying the last of what will be a dying breed with that turbo V8 as most platforms will be moving heavily to hybrid and full electric tech in the near future from most manufacturers.

Ive been looking at the new 2021 E63S WAGON.
Its a killer performing car!

The wagon is very appealing but if I were to go wagon I think the RS6 has it in the looks department.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I also daily a ‘20 Ram Laramie daily, which except for non massaging seats is a near luxury interior and ride on air suspension.
I’m just not a truck or SUV guy for my DD. I’ll pick up a sturdy truck or SUV just for towing and bad winter, but the Charger HC never stranded me thru 3 winters. Quality tires are the key.
-J

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
thankfully the ram provides a very comfortable ride for now so I’m not in a huge rush but I may start shopping come year end. My initial impression how ever is the E63s seems like a well rounded car that can nearly tick all the boxes for what I want and what’s practical for me at this time frame in life. I also wouldn’t mind enjoying the last of what will be a dying breed with that turbo V8 as most platforms will be moving heavily to hybrid and full electric tech in the near future from most manufacturers.

The wagon is very appealing but if I were to go wagon I think the RS6 has it in the looks department.
I agree the RS6 Avant looks better, but something about the MB that has that sinister sleep look.
Packs a Tyson punch! You won't know what hit you!

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I daily a C63s. Have owned it for 2 and a half years now, put 40,000 miles and several track days on it. It’s given me no issues at all and is an incredible all around car. The only downside is that it is more useless in snow than any Mustang that I’ve owned. Obviously AWD in the E would help out with that part

DrZed

Established Member
A friend of mine did this same thing recently. He was looking for and purchased a wagon E53 after test driving an E63 (2020).

The E63 was overly harsh in its ride on summer tires, so the dealer put winter tires on the 21s and drove it to his house for another test drive. The ride was still harsh and unforgiving and after comparing an E53 back to back he purchased the E53. The E53 he did buy has the hybrid motor assist (which the E63 does not) and so torque off the line is very impressive and it is a fast car overall. He is well familiar with quick cars. He bought a chip for the E53 but is less than impressed with what is involved in installing it - he may send it back.

If you want I can put you in touch with him directly. PM me if so.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I thought the w212/m157 cars were stout?

Ive always loved the TT v8 E class as soon as it hit the US in 2012. Sweet cars.

patc84

Established Member
^ they have rod issues, tend to bend, doesnt matter if tuned or stock, or turbo upgrade, seen it all. I've seen them jump time, main bearings get wiped out (from start stop feature), timing chain breaking, Oil in engine harness as well- very costly.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
^ they have rod issues, tend to bend, doesnt matter if tuned or stock, or turbo upgrade, seen it all. I've seen them jump time, main bearings get wiped out (from start stop feature), timing chain breaking, Oil in engine harness as well- very costly.
what year has said issues?

patc84

Established Member
I've seen them from 12 to 17 depending on classes. with the m157 engine.

there are 2 engines from AMG i would want in a car. a m177/178 4.0L, or a m113k 5.5L kompressor motor

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Wow, good to know!

Users who are viewing this thread