Belt Squeak?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow that's annoying! First thing you can try is removing blower belt and start the car. Don't run it for long, just to verify the noise goes away. From there you can spin the pulleys by hand to see if any have a gravel resistance feel to them. I always like to use a stethoscope to pinpoint abnormal noises. But you could use a screwdriver. Do that with the belt back on and engine running. I could even be your tensioner. The belt does look fairly used.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
my money is on the belt. i recently went through this. at first i thought sounded like a pulley bearing, so i alternately changed each pulley with some spares i had, but the noise remained. i agree it is very annoying.

squirt the belt with water or silicone spray - if you can hear the noise go away temporarily, then it's probably the belt.

i was surprise because my squeaking belt was a fairly new gates green stripe. so, i just bought the cheapest belt i could find online, and it's been perfectly silent for several months now... problem solved. best of luck with it!

Users who are viewing this thread