Belt slippage

matthewgallagher771

hello everyone I have a 2014 mustang gt with an E-Force 6 rib setup I’ve been getting a lot of belts tearing apart wondering if there is a better belt or anything I can do without upgrading do a 8 rib. car make 650whp and 833whp with nos the belt I’ve been using is a continental poly v elite

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Are the belts slipping or are they tearing? If they are tearing I would look at your belt alignment because it's more than likely off. It could also be your current belt is to tight, is your tensioner maxed out?

As for other brands I have had good luck with standard Gates and he Gates.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
My gut feeling at that hp level you are probably best off with an 8 rib setup and maybe an RPM belt. Call Edelbrock :)

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
It might help, but RPM belts don't shred, they snap. What's your anxiety around stepping up to an 8 rib pulley and belt?

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
You can certainly make big power, trouble free on a 6 rib. I have a different kit, but am on 6 rib and went 8's with it. I don't snap belts, shred belts, nothing. I swap a new one on each season, but it's because I just want to. Otherwise, I only change them if I swap back to a large pulley and need a longer one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
Have you called the Edelbrock technical support line? You know, the people that MADE your supercharger...they even have a whole page of FAQs. One was about belt issues.....

Users who are viewing this thread