Belt Slip Help!

BBCOBRA

Established Member
need more info for a good answer.
For a 2.93 or smaller upper pulley you need a auxillary idler.

No matter what the pulley combo, when all is installed the tensioner needs to be beyond the middle of its range (as close to bottomed out as possible and still get the belt on). Especially when adding lower pulleys.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
its the whipple with stock sized pulleys the whipple has the 3.00 pulley

Do mean you have a Whipple (with a 3.0 pulley), with all the stock belt pulleys? If so.. that is your belt slip problem.

I'm running a 3.0 pullied Whipple too.. but, with BF idlers. Serious belt wrap, no slip...

r8gpj4.jpg

webleedorange61

GO HORNS!!
Established Member
Yes The op has a whipple with the 3.00 pulley. Look into getting the other idler pulleys, I noticed you had the aux idler but not the other pulleys.

JymBart

Established Member
I use the Reichard Racing spring assist belt tensioner and the BilletFlow auxillary idler.

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Do mean you have a Whipple (with a 3.0 pulley), with all the stock belt pulleys? If so.. that is your belt slip problem.

I'm running a 3.0 pullied Whipple too.. but, with BF idlers. Serious belt wrap, no slip...

r8gpj4.jpg

I'm running the same setup,the belt was a bitch to get on. I am using a gatorback 76" and had to put the belt on the pulley and slide it on under the top idler. OP you need a notch tensioner if you don't have one already.

Users who are viewing this thread