Belt size help

Slow 99

Nothing to see here
Established Member
I was looking at my procharger for my 99 gt and noticed the belt was cracking a little from age. This is my first belt change on this setup since getting the car so I contacted procharger and they recommended to use a gates 106.5 belt on my car with the pulley I was using. When I put the new belt on it was short... like really short. I look at the old belt and see that it was a gates 113.0. I have stock pulleys on everything so I'm very confused on how there would be this much of a size difference. If anyone know why this is please let me know cause I'm kinda baffled

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
ProCharger could have given you incorrect info. ?? You could use the string-method to route it exactly as a belt would route, and measure the string. Just a thought.

Slow 99

Nothing to see here
Established Member
ProCharger could have given you incorrect info. ?? You could use the string-method to route it exactly as a belt would route, and measure the string. Just a thought.
I think I have some shoelaces around somewhere so I’ll give that a try haha, thanks

Slow 99

Nothing to see here
Established Member
If the old belt was working get the same size. The rep might've been looking up the wrong year.
I’m going to keep the same size, didn’t really think I would get wrong info straight from the horses mouth but it is what it is

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Smart decision since you didn't make any changes that would necessitate a different size belt.

The string method, while sounding weird, really does work.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I’m going to keep the same size, didn’t really think I would get wrong info straight from the horses mouth but it is what it is

depends on who ya get...Ive gotten all kinds of bunk info from them. Ive been told there is no single shoulder pulley in X diameter then call back and get somebody else who pulls it right up.

Users who are viewing this thread