Bell housing cover plate ??

XP900

Established Member
I know the answer is probably no since this is an American designed car but I thought I would ask. I never looked over the bell housing on the 2010 GT500 but is there any plate cover that can be removed to look into the clutch area? I'm going to be in that area working on my exhaust and shifter so this would be a good time to look.

I had foreign cars when I was a lot younger (lots of Opels) and I know some of them had a cover plate (on the bell housing bottom if I recall) that I could remove and get a nice look at the pressure plate and clutch areas. I think it was for checking the clutch pedal adjustments -- too many years ago to remember.

PM-Performance

Established Member
I want to say when looking under the car i did not notice anything other than typical breather holes Iguess they call them. When I pulled the trans I thought I had an aha moment where I saw an inspection plate though.
Ill see if I can dig my trans out later to look at it and confirm. I agree the inspection plates are nice to have to an extent.

XP900

Established Member
See attached pics in this thread: https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/2012-tr6060.1150272/[/QUOTE]

THANKS! Great pictures too that I saved for future reference.

Question....on the tranny passenger side what is the pipe tubing for (rubber or steel) that runs from under the shifter into the bell housing? I don't see any connection inside the bell housing for it.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Question....on the tranny passenger side what is the pipe tubing for (rubber or steel) that runs from under the shifter into the bell housing? I don't see any connection inside the bell housing for it.

Rubber hose. Vent tube I believe. It doesn't connect to anything, just hangs out as you see it.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
The vent line is plastic and fairly rigid. The top end with the vent cap is just laying on the bell housing. It's not attached to anything. The opposite end, near the shifter, comes off a barb on the top of the transmission. You might could put a bore scope in one of the vents in the bell housing if you absolutely need to look inside that cavity. You could always rotate the engine to see that section of the flywheel/pressure plate you're looking for.

XP900

Established Member
I just wanted to see how much the clutch dust coated everything inside the bell housing at 43K. I may use my bore scope to look inside. I had a lot of clutch dust in my fluid.

Users who are viewing this thread