Being sent to California smog referee

svt4cobra6

I am in Calif as well, original owner 2003 cobra. Still on stock tune, just have cold air intake and exhaust, after reading this no plans to modify further.

cesar24

Established Member
A bit of an update with the smog referee situation. I ended up keeping my billetflow pulley on since I didnt have a stock pulley and plastidipped it black and cut a small cover out of plastic to cover the screws. And I put the stock pulley cage on too. Loaded the stock tune on the car and took it in today. He ended up passing the car finally. So I think the main issue was with the tune and supercharger pulley, mostly the tune I think. So anyone who has to smog their cars just load the stock tune in to be on the safe side!

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
A bit of an update with the smog referee situation. I ended up keeping my billetflow pulley on since I didnt have a stock pulley and plastidipped it black and cut a small cover out of plastic to cover the screws. And I put the stock pulley cage on too. Loaded the stock tune on the car and took it in today. He took a long time trying to peek through the pulley cover looking to see if it was stock or not. He ended up passing the car finally. So I think the main issue was with the tune and supercharger pulley, mostly the tune I think. So anyone who has to smog their cars just load the stock tune in to be on the safe side!

Thanks for the update

02gt87

Established Member
Stock ford tune must be loaded, make sure proper pcv hoses are used. Any mods must have CARB EO #. If you borrow a stock Hpipe make sure it's year specific. 04 terminators have the downstream o2's between the cats 03 are after they will look for that.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

HPLouis

Established Member
Stock ford tune must be loaded, make sure proper pcv hoses are used. Any mods must have CARB EO #. If you borrow a stock Hpipe make sure it's year specific. 04 terminators have the downstream o2's between the cats 03 are after they will look for that.

Damn...they go that deep. What if you damaged the stock catted pipe? I don't think Ford makes them anymore. What would you have to do?

02gt87

Established Member
Damn...they go that deep. What if you damaged the stock catted pipe? I don't think Ford makes them anymore. What would you have to do?
There are several carb approved catted H pipes. Not cheap by any means lol

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
I think if I ever got ref'd I'd have to non-op it lol. Or move. Returning my car back to stock is one of the very last things I want to do in life right now.

Users who are viewing this thread