Been gone for a while............................

Black Chip

Established Member
Glad to see the SVT community is still alive and well! Used to hang here all the time in '03-'08 or so. Still have my black '03. Only 15,000 miles. Shameful I know. Trying to get out and drive more lately.
*A friend just got an '03 Vert last year. Saw it yesterday. Really got the juices flowing talking about mods and stuff. His is bone stock. For now!

stangfreak

Established Member
Glad to see the SVT community is still alive and well! Used to hang here all the time in '03-'08 or so. Still have my black '03. Only 15,000 miles. Shameful I know. Trying to get out and drive more lately.
*A friend just got an '03 Vert last year. Saw it yesterday. Really got the juices flowing talking about mods and stuff. His is bone stock. For now!

Those were the good times. All my friends from back in the day all sold there cobra's. Nobody is left. I still have mine. They all have coyotes and vettes. Back then, I remember the "heated" debates on which pulley size was the best lol. The amount of pulley swaps I did was crazy. KB vs whipple. I met so many people, so many pioneers who did all the research for this car. I wish I had a time machine to go back.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Those were the good times. All my friends from back in the day all sold there cobra's. Nobody is left. I still have mine. They all have coyotes and vettes. Back then, I remember the "heated" debates on which pulley size was the best lol. The amount of pulley swaps I did was crazy. KB vs whipple. I met so many people, so many pioneers who did all the research for this car. I wish I had a time machine to go back.
Good stuff Alex.

stangfreak

Established Member
Good stuff Alex.

yea I can't believe how time flew. Everytime I open my garage, its like I get that nostalgic feeling. 18 years of owning a cobra. so many stories man. I remember talking to jimmy vaccaro at mustang magic back in 03. He was like , yea, you look like a mustang guy, your going to keep it. Then started pointing out guys and saying, yea, he won't keep his cobra. Look at him, def not a mustang guy hahaha. He was right! lol

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Yes, they were great times! Sold my 03' DSG Coupe in 2010, but saw the light and bought an 03' DSG Vert a year ago. Most all of the original MACA crew has sold their 03-04's and went another direction or had kids and bought houses! The technology of the newer cars is just so tempting. But the 03-04's are still incredibly unique IMO, and they are so easy to go fast. Real fast!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
yea I can't believe how time flew. Everytime I open my garage, its like I get that nostalgic feeling. 18 years of owning a cobra. so many stories man. I remember talking to jimmy vaccaro at mustang magic back in 03. He was like , yea, you look like a mustang guy, your going to keep it. Then started pointing out guys and saying, yea, he won't keep his cobra. Look at him, def not a mustang guy hahaha. He was right! lol
No lie. I brought mine home 7/1/2002, wow.
Yes, they were great times! Sold my 03' DSG Coupe in 2010, but saw the light and bought an 03' DSG Vert a year ago. Most all of the original MACA crew has sold their 03-04's and went another direction or had kids and bought houses! The technology of the newer cars is just so tempting. But the 03-04's are still incredibly unique IMO, and they are so easy to go fast. Real fast!
Very true Dwight. I rarely drive mine though. I actually like my 150 better to drive with the nannies and crap, but the 03 will still throw a thrill when I drive it.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Welcome back. I joined in late 09 or early 2010. Been active the whole time!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Welcome back! So you're the original owner and you only have 13K miles on it. That's like 700 miles a year! :eek: What's your DD?

stangfreak

Established Member

Glad to see your back in a cobra. I remember your car and posting up on the boards. How fun were those times! The dyno days we had were always insane. Packed with cobra's. Like, this car, the impact it had on the street and car scene was crazy. even when the new coyote came out, which is an amazing car and motor, it still didnt feel like the 03 cobra era. It didn't have that feeling. The friends I made and the knowledge I gained on these cars from bcoming friends with the pioneers is priceless. I saw this car evolve. I was very good friends with venomous03cobra. John. He never posted up his ported eaton on the svtp fastest cobra list but when john had the ported apten eaton, he ran a 10.8x in a full weight cobra. Guy was insane.

I will have to say one of the best times I had was when I drove snakebite, mustang magics black 03 cobra that made internet history. That car in 3rd gear was insane. when he built the motor it was a whole new animal with that 2.2 kb. That same day I drove joe's cobra, that is when my buddy filmed that famous fly by video thats on every single car forum. I was standing behind my friend. The original video was taken down or else it would have had double the views than it does now. Just being there that day was damn cool. And to see my cobra in that video too in the parking lot is epic. Its like oh shit theres my car lol

stangfreak

Established Member
No lie. I brought mine home 7/1/2002, wow.

Very true Dwight. I rarely drive mine though. I actually like my 150 better to drive with the nannies and crap, but the 03 will still throw a thrill when I drive it.

you had your car before me. I brought mine home if I remember correctly late july of 03.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Alex, you've really taken me back in time to those early days of the '03 Cobra (and '04). Good times. Insane times. Adrenaline pumping days. That's cool that you were there when Snakebite was filled (fly-byes). So were were also, I'm sure, familiar/friends with the NY/LI Terminator owners. I forget the name of Dom's forum back them. Great memories!

Users who are viewing this thread