Been busy working on my car (PICS)...

WydOpen

Established Member
Threw the car up on jackstands in the garage about a week ago. This past weekend I got quite a bit done.

Installing the following:
- Spec Stage 3+ clutch with steel flywheel
- Liberty 26 spline input shaft
- LDC cooling mod
- TO bearing retainer sleeve
- Fore billet fuel hat
- Fore billet fuel rails
- Twin GT pumps
- Installing -8an feed line
- Stage 2 FPDM
- ARH long tube headers/high flow cat mid pipe
- JLT 110mm MAF & MAFia adapter
- JLT carbon fiber high boost intake with white/blue true flames

Pics...

Photo Album

Last edited:

WydOpen

Established Member
All on jacks stands,good job.
What kind of sub-frames are those in pic #11?

I was lucky when I dropped the transmission on my '94 GT car in college as I had access to a vehicle lift from the auto hobby shop on campus. It sucks doing it while rolling around on a creeper in my garage. There was barely enough room to get the tranny out from under the car. I can already see it being a PITA getting the transmission back in.

I have no idea on the subframes. Previous owner never mentioned anything to me about aftermarket subframes installed. Since it is a 'vert, I want to say they are stock.

Mike K...I'll get vids up of the exhaust when I'm all done.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I was lucky when I dropped the transmission on my '94 GT car in college as I had access to a vehicle lift from the auto hobby shop on campus. It sucks doing it while rolling around on a creeper in my garage. There was barely enough room to get the tranny out from under the car. I can already see it being a PITA getting the transmission back in.

I have no idea on the subframes. Previous owner never mentioned anything to me about aftermarket subframes installed. Since it is a 'vert, I want to say they are stock.

Mike K...I'll get vids up of the exhaust when I'm all done.

Yup,just noticed it`s a vert.Thanks

Jefe

Established Member
Nice work! What did you drop the transmission onto?

WydOpen

Established Member
Nice work! What did you drop the transmission onto?

Just the blue 3,000 lb capacity floor jack you see in Pic #10. Put two blocks of 2x4 wood between it and the tranny, used a prybar to separate it from the bellhousing, then lowered it slowly.

Not hard at all, I just forgot one bolt on top of the tranny that gave me problems. I broke a 3/8" universal separating the bellhousing. I believe a gorilla put my tranny together :cuss:

WydOpen

Established Member
Good plan on doing those mods all at once.

Yeah, I've been slowly ordering and stashing the parts until I had everthing to do at the same time. I have all the parts except the fuel line, fittings, and Stage 2 FPDM.

I've got everything removed except the stock exhaust manifolds and fuel rails. Unfortunately, car will sit as it is for the next couple weeks as I'll be too busy with work. I hope to have it done by the 16th, though. Might not make it on to the dyno until early December...we'll see!

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Could you explain to me the reasoning behind the new Fore hat?
Do you need this...I thought you just swap out the cobra pumps for the GTs and do the FRPV delete while you are there?
Thanks...nice work BTW

WydOpen

Established Member
Could you explain to me the reasoning behind the new Fore hat?
Do you need this...I thought you just swap out the cobra pumps for the GTs and do the FRPV delete while you are there?
Thanks...nice work BTW

I guess I could have easily done what you just described, but some benefits include a stout design, PPRV delete integrated by design, built-in 8an outlet for upgraded feed line to the rails, additional port if I decide to go returnless, accomodates the new GT pumps with no other modifications, direct replacement with no other fabrication, and two pairs of gas blocked 12 gauge conductors using 12ga Mil Spec fuel resistant wires for fuel pump wiring to the FPDM(s). Fore Precision claims this allows the GT pumps to operate without losses from undersized OEM wires and will help in dropping duty cycle.

I got a good deal on mine from Jay at JLT. I stopped by his shop and he sold it to me for $375. I figured it would be a good investement with everything I had planned with the fuel system upgrade. I don't regret going with this piece at all, well worth it IMO.

WydOpen

Established Member
Got a chance to work on the car again today. It took me a while, but I finally got the stock exhaust manifolds removed...what a PITA!!! :cuss: I was also able to get the LDC head cooling mod installed. Not quite as painful, but I got drenched in coolant on two occasions. First was removing the small plug from the driver's side block and the second when I removed the passenger side fitting. Good insurance and I'm glad I installed this modification. I did not remove the restrictor they mentioned in the instructions.

Same link as above, but added more photos...

Install Pictures

Tomorrow I should receive the fuel lines and fittings. I'm going to try and swing by JLT's shop and pick up my new cold air intake, 110mm MAF, and new MAFia. Tomorrow the long tubes go in as well as the new Spec clutch and flywheel.

Last edited:

EBBS_03_Cobra

Never satisfied
Established Member
How was pulling the transmission out? I think I'm going to pull mine this winter, as well. Something doesn't feel right with my clutch, so I gotta check all that crap out.

WydOpen

Established Member
How was pulling the transmission out? I think I'm going to pull mine this winter, as well. Something doesn't feel right with my clutch, so I gotta check all that crap out.

I complained, but it really isn't all that bad. I removed it pretty much by myself. My girlfriend helped me out and lowered the jack while I steadied it on the way down. The bolts on top of the transmission are a little hard to get to, but invest in some extensions...lots of them (in different sizes). It doesn't hurt that I have an air compressor and pneumatic tools. Get yourself a good HD impact wrench. I have two and my smaller one just doesn't break loose the stubborn bolts. My larger one is rated up to 580 ft-lbs and it loosens and removes just about anything I need it to.

Get the car up on the jack stands as high as possible...my only regret.

Users who are viewing this thread