Been busy on the Terminator powered Notch!

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
I decided to Go back to Eaton power like most of my past cars. Seems Like the gap is closing on the smaller displacement twin screws and the highly modded Eatons. Still going over in my head to do E85 with an aggressive race tune or stick with 93 and add a 100 dry shot for some track fun.

Bought a 17k mile Eaton off a member and decided to port it myself mimicing Brians Race Port. Spent 12 hrs on it over a weeks time and it came out great. LOT of work and not for everyone but needless to say its done and I had fun doing it. It's loud as hell lol. In one of the pics you can see where I broke through while hand sanding the driver side rotor feed. JB Weld FTW! Its the same color as the case so can't notice in on the outside at all.

Pulled off the KB 2.2 and yes it's sold already. Going on my former Comp Orange car that resides in OH now. The KB was on the donor car when I purchased it. Figured I would post up the before, during, & after pics for viewing.

CIMG2240.jpg

CIMG2489.jpg

CIMG2486-1.jpg

CIMG2487-1.jpg

CIMG2485-1.jpg

CIMG2484-1.jpg

CIMG2483-1.jpg

CIMG2482-1.jpg

Popped a 6lb ring on it while I was at it so if anyone needs the 4lb'r that came off let me know.
CIMG2492.jpg

CIMG2493.jpg

CIMG2491.jpg

Also installed my MM 6-point with swing outs. Not a bad install at all. I sent it out to be Line-X'd and am very pleased with the results. Harness & SFI padding is on the way. All that is left is a new tune by Pete at Perfermance Dyno up in NH and I will be ready for MIR in May! :rockon:

CIMG2494.jpg

CIMG2495.jpg

TRBO VNM

I see one problem...looks like you are still running a factory idler

other than that, love the build Mike.

Blackedout

Established Member
VERY NICE.... Should HAUL down the track... Need vids on the dyno... :thumbsup:

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Sick build Mike. In case I missed it, what does that thing weigh?

With no weight reduction and me in it @3300. Bar is @ 80+ lbs now. They are not as light as people want to think. I did a decent amount of sound deadoning also because I read how noisey these were by previous builders and I drive it on the street. Didn't want to deal with that.

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
So you went the "other" way? KB to Eaton? Killer looking port job, may I ask why? What advantages are there in running ported E vs KB?

lxboy

Established Member
What would 12 hrs of porting done for that 2.2?? Notch looks nasty! where in CT are you from i grew up in Southington but live in Tampa

Users who are viewing this thread