Been awhile since I've been on here. Anyway, NPG brake upgrade! 56k go away.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
For those that don't know, the NPG (Nautilus Performance Group) upgrade is a set of brackets that allows you to mount Focus SVT 300mm rotors up front and swap the 278mm front Contour SVT rotors out back. You keep the stock caliper and pads but you get 20% more braking leverage and a bit more pad contact too. Retains stock braking feel and bias but just gets "grabbier". Ok enough talking.

Difference between the CSVT fronts and FSVT fronts.

100_1583.jpg

Front mounting point drilled out, ground/notched and bracket mounted.

100_1577.jpg

Mintex pads ftw!
100_1581.jpg

FSVT rotor on.

100_1578.jpg

Clearance

100_1579.jpg

Driver's side picture of it finished. Yes I will spray it down with brake clean when I do the brake bleed.

100_1580.jpg

I'm going to need a new caliper on the pass. side since the bleeder port sheared right off with just a little bit of force. I'm soaking the crap out of the rest of the bleeder ports with PB blaster so hopefully I don't need another caliper.

Rear brakes are in progress. If you've read the directions or done the swap yoruself you know that you have to mill out the inside of the rotor hat and then the inside on the rear caliper brackets. Plus I had a field day getting the left rear caliper and caliper bracket off. Need a new slider pin bolt lol. I'll finish the rears throughout the week. I have a beater to drive so I'm not in a HUGE hurry.

Last edited:

ojallen

Do you have any details on the pads you're running in that picture? I have the stock SVT Rotors, the same caliper bracket in your pictures, but the Motorcraft SVTC pads I got from Rockauto don't slot into the caliper... The pads for an SE Contour fit perfectly though. What's up??

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Dude that was 10 years ago I really don't remember. 1998 E0 and 1998.5-up E1 brakes are different tho, maybe that's why but you're gonna have to head over to the svt contour forum if it even exists anymore.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Dude that was 10 years ago I really don't remember. 1998 E0 and 1998.5-up E1 brakes are different tho, maybe that's why but you're gonna have to head over to the svt contour forum if it even exists anymore.

Too many of those Pub Ales must have wiped your memory over the years.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Lol maybe maybe. God I haven't even thought of that car in forever... It was definitely solid for the time tho, went around corners great.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Mine was real clean when I got it in like... 2009? Now 11 years later good luck. There is still the black with tan interior one that has like 18k miles on it but the dude that owns it has listed it for sale multiple times for like $20k...

ojallen

No problem man, found the info on BAT. They went back to the smaller pads (same rotor, different caliper bracket) after May 1999. Random, but people think it was maybe a cost save measure. I enjoy the car quite a lot, not many left.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Yeah that's what I figured, you got the brakes for an E1 and have E0 calipers... or vice versa... I'm honestly surprised some of these companies are still around, they can't just be SVTC specific anyways... Still kinda wish I'd 3.0L swapped the thing with a full exhaust and a quaife for a DD.

Users who are viewing this thread