Been a month with UPR k member on the street...

Status
Not open for further replies.

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
I've had the kit on for roughly a year, LA city driven with Zero issues.

That being said, i'm seriously considering replacing it with the MM piece.
Reason being - i'm not a drag racer but i do enjoy turning the car... Also, i really miss having the kmember brace on my car (vert) and the MM steering rack bushings...

FAsnakes So with MM k-member we can reuse the stock k-member brace that comes on verts?

RGrossman

Established Member
The strut tower brace is supposed to be helpful to verts that lost their lower vert brace due to an aftermarket kmember...

02steedakbgt

Established Member
I just put my upr k member on last night. It went on with ease. But does anyone know where the thick washers go!?!? I was thinking between the motor mounts and the K. I'm using aftermarket motor mounts.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I've had the kit on for roughly a year, LA city driven with Zero issues.

That being said, i'm seriously considering replacing it with the MM piece.
Reason being - i'm not a drag racer but i do enjoy turning the car... Also, i really miss having the kmember brace on my car (vert) and the MM steering rack bushings...

+1....i installed the upr on my vert and the highway turns absolutely suck now. The verts are probably more affected due to loss of the k frame brace which i might add is insanely stout from the factory...there are some things u just shouldnt change and im starting to think on a vert losing the stock k frame isnt a great idea.

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
BACK FROM THE DEAD! But seriously Blwn04SvtCobra, this is great info because I want to do a k-member swap/coilover conversion and was considering MM. But I saw in another thread you are ordering a MM STB that fits over the whipple, which I have as well, the STB that is, not the Whipple (yet).

Please update us once you get the STB installed if it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread