Been a month with UPR k member on the street...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRBO VNM

great post Ironterp, as usual. :beer:

those of you that keep bashing the UPR need to get your head out of the sand. As dwight said, since they have redesigned the K I have not heard or read any posts on this board or a couple others about issues. I have heard of some of the originals having problems, but the changed it for good reason and they have held up just fine. of all the turbo kits I have sold, most have used the UPR because of the price and nobody yet has come back saying they have had issues. And these are guys that use them as daily drivers or track only cars.

I understand the bad taste in some peoples mouth because of some of the original issues they may have had, but the owned up and made changes.

TRBO VNM

I have been looking into the upr k member. The only uestion i have is does it work with the stock front struts?

yes. it isn't the Kmember you need to worry about. it is the coilover kit. and the MM or UPR or others will work with the stock struts.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
yes. it isn't the Kmember you need to worry about. it is the coilover kit. and the MM or UPR or others will work with the stock struts.

Thanks for the answer. thats what I was worrying about as I have read that their coilovers dont fit bilstein shocks. Now That'll be this winters mod. and to wrap the headers while im under there.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Great write up and info.

I could definately stand to lose 65lbs off the front of my car. Especially after adding 9 lbs of extra weight - right Dwight...lol

mkb116

Established Member
Bringing this one up from the dead...... people posted lets see how it does after a year...

Well its been a year, and I am curious because I have been considering the UPR K member...

Jroc

Established Member
People like to hate on UPR products, but I think they are ok stuff, and very good for the price. If I was going to build a Mustang for straight line acceleration I would defantently go with the UPR k-memeber.

Jroc

Established Member
other than this what else would i need to complete the kit? 1996-2004 Ford Mustang Tubular Chrome Moly K Member - UPR Products and how much $$$ should i expect to fork for the labor??

Tubular Control Arms, and Coilovers. You may also need to upgrade the struts depending on the C/O's you go with. I belive the UPR C/O's will fit Strange, and Tokico struts, but you would need to find that out first. C/C plates and a bumpsteer kit would also be recommended upgrade to do this swap. I believe the UPR kmember lets you keep the factory oil filter location.

This might be a better buy as it gets you most of what you will need.
1996-2004 Ford Mustang Tubular Chrome Moly K Member Kit - UPR Products

Lethal also sells it and will give you a member discount.
UPR 96-04 Chromoly Pro-Series K-Member Kit [UPR-2005-96K] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Labor seems to be getting around $100 an hour at most places. I would think probably $600+, but IDK for sure.

Last edited:

v6cobra

Established Member
so if i was to buy one of these kits above, then all i would need is struts, cc plates and maybe a bumpsteer kit?

Trainman

Established Member
I've been rollin on my UPR k-member for 2 years and love it, no issues at all. I'm going to order one for my 91 Fox here real soon.

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
I've been rollin on my UPR k-member for 2 years and love it, no issues at all. I'm going to order one for my 91 Fox here real soon.

I know this isn't really related to the thread... but the pic in your sig is what I've been looking for for months! Black FR500s, blackout out taillights, but a chrome bumper insert kit!

bubblehead93

Established Member
would not run chrome-moly on a street car - as far as welds looking good (i.e. quality) that is a consideration, but there is more to welding chrome-moly than the welds looking like a stack of dimes. bottom line, chrome-moly suspension & street car don't mix regardless the price - talk to mm, griggs, psr, why do they not make their k-members out of chrome-moly, has no place on a street car. JMHO.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
I've had the kit on for roughly a year, LA city driven with Zero issues.

That being said, i'm seriously considering replacing it with the MM piece.
Reason being - i'm not a drag racer but i do enjoy turning the car... Also, i really miss having the kmember brace on my car (vert) and the MM steering rack bushings...

Ronias

Established Member
I have had the upr k member kit since august. I recently totalled my car and the upr k member did not fail on me. I hit a center divide going 80mph then my car spun off the road and slammed into some trees and a steel fence. The frame is bent hard and I took a look at the UPR k member and one of the bars is twisted slightly and the k member got shifted a litle bit right and tore one mounting hole

BNblownsaleen

Established Member
I have had a couple of my own race/street cars with upr K-member and have installed numerous others on other street/race cars with no problems.

03slobra2

POSI "race"port FTW
Established Member
My QA1 K has done everything I have asked it to do. I got mine back in early 03... so I think it has been on long enough to find out if it has issues...

Would recommend it to anyone and everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread