Beefcake who? JPC just goes 8.16!!! - Live Coverage From NMRA Finals @ Bowling Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
that's because it is "their turbo kit" that they are producing to sell , that they have been working on for the last 2-3 years???

We went to a radical cam, that doesn't like low rpm, which we knew, but was hoping we could still get the 6r80 make it work, it's not liking the launch, so were going to make the conversion to a race trans like all the other guys going quicker

car should break 170's easy imo

There is the cocky beefcake we know of.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
There is the cocky beefcake we know of.

well it should, weve been 166 with the car falling all over itself in first gear

it will go 170+ with the 6r80 if we want to take the time to sort the tune out

but I have the glide, so i'm going to use it

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
IMO Slagburn should win the KOTS by default, no one else drove their cars 1200 miles, ran high 9's all weekend, and then drove another 1200 miles home.

jjd975

Established Member
Little OT but if the 5.0 can run 8.0/170 with a stock intake why would the average joe swap it out? Is the stocker better for turbos but not blowers? Honest question.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
IMO Slagburn should win the KOTS by default, no one else drove their cars 1200 miles, ran high 9's all weekend, and then drove another 1200 miles home.

Your just saying that cause your from Colorado to...go drink a banquet beer, and have a nice day! .....lol

CPRsm

Beef and CPRsm.....so who won the race fellas?
Was never about who won the race. It was about power adders.

CPR just likes to keep going back and forth promoting turbo kits to get mentions in for his while not being a sponsoring vendor.
Really? Is this going to turn into another one of those? Where I say prove it, and you can't. But you keep saying it's so. So I offer you money, to prove it, but you can't. Then you just disappear, again. I'm here offering tech advice more often than you trying to push paxtons kits in every thread here. That's hard to do believe me. And it's not just FI threads I show up in. If you can't make a sale, you're no where around. Shit I even tech the competitions customers. So I must be trying to sell a hellion customer my kit too, as a spare.

Here's what the tech sections consistes of.
Title: "Whipple or turbo"

By the third reply "I know no one asked, but Paxtons are cheap"

You'll find similar titles and replys through out this section.

Let's not forget making the tech forum your personal flea market for used parts instead of the section where it belongs. Don't confuse your vendor status for the ability to advertise new parts. Everyone can sell used parts, but everyone but you knows not to put it in tech.
I give advice on mutliple sites including ones I don't sponsor. If you look at my post history even here you'll find I did the same before I was a sponsor, and before I even had a product to offer for this platform. You and I have been going round and round since I was a sponsor. You ran your mouth, got whooped like you were standing still(even compared to your old sorted out combo record), and thought I'd go away because of sponsorship status? People would still know me for turbos either way. If you have a problem with it you can go whine to the people bringing it up or ask that it all be deleted. No bother to me. I'll still post like I always have. Or you can talk to Travis since you speak on things you know nothing about.

This gonna be another unfounded accusation like last time? Keep making comments like this in the same thread despite me telling you show proof, and you couldn't.

My point is, he keeps saying the cutting 50lbs of weight is needed "to get into the 8's", but then doesn't take into account the 110lbs of the cage added back on.

After repeatedly asking you where I said it was needed, I made it pretty clear for you.

00ws.jpg

Where did I "keep" saying it's needed? Where did I say it once? You said that on the last page. I had to go back and quote myself, where I said you DIDN'T need it.
Here is said interaction.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...4/962629-paxton-set-twins-4.html#post13436905

Here's the first mention of you thinking I said "needed." I corrected you there again. http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...4/962629-paxton-set-twins-2.html#post13433928

I'm totally lost :shrug: short and sweet. Show me where I said it was needed and I'll pay you $1,000.
After I posted the "put up or shut up" offer, POOF, no more replies from terry. So you think I'm REALLY just here to bring up my own stuff?
BTW Happy Bday. If you want any more spankin's lemme know :D

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
Little OT but if the 5.0 can run 8.0/170 with a stock intake why would the average joe swap it out? Is the stocker better for turbos but not blowers? Honest question.

My guess without firsthand knowledge would be simply that it depends largely on the application.

If you're NA the fluid dynamics of the airflow will be much different than that of any type of forced induction. If you're road racing, auto-x, etc, it's probably better to not lose any mid-range power. If you're strictly drag racing, it's not so much an issue.

Again, zero first hand knowledge here, but just assuming many guys are strictly NA (or w/nitrous) swap out the intake to push the powerband toward the higher end. Which may ultimately be detrimental to other setups.

The only real way to know would be back to back testing without changing other variables(for whichever particular setup). Unfortunately, most people makes several changes at once, and others guard their proprietary knowledge.

TLDR: It depends and I don't know, lol.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Was never about who won the race. It was about power adders.

Really? Is this going to turn into another one of those? Where I say prove it, and you can't. But you keep saying it's so. So I offer you money, to prove it, but you can't. Then you just disappear, again. I'm here offering tech advice more often than you trying to push paxtons kits in every thread here. That's hard to do believe me. And it's not just FI threads I show up in. If you can't make a sale, you're no where around. Shit I even tech the competitions customers. So I must be trying to sell a hellion customer my kit too, as a spare.

Here's what the tech sections consistes of.
Title: "Whipple or turbo"

By the third reply "I know no one asked, but Paxtons are cheap"

You'll find similar titles and replys through out this section.

Let's not forget making the tech forum your personal flea market for used parts instead of the section where it belongs. Don't confuse your vendor status for the ability to advertise new parts. Everyone can sell used parts, but everyone but you knows not to put it in tech.
I give advice on mutliple sites including ones I don't sponsor. If you look at my post history even here you'll find I did the same before I was a sponsor, and before I even had a product to offer for this platform. You and I have been going round and round since I was a sponsor. You ran your mouth, got whooped like you were standing still(even compared to your old sorted out combo record), and thought I'd go away because of sponsorship status? People would still know me for turbos either way. If you have a problem with it you can go whine to the people bringing it up or ask that it all be deleted. No bother to me. I'll still post like I always have. Or you can talk to Travis since you speak on things you know nothing about.

This gonna be another unfounded accusation like last time? Keep making comments like this in the same thread despite me telling you show proof, and you couldn't.

After repeatedly asking you where I said it was needed, I made it pretty clear for you.

After I posted the "put up or shut up" offer, POOF, no more replies from terry. So you think I'm REALLY just here to bring up my own stuff?
BTW Happy Bday. If you want any more spankin's lemme know :D

We'll use the example you posted. The original post you made (going off memory) was that I didn't include the tubular k member cost that was on my car for when I went 8's, like you do for your kit, and that k member lightened the car.

my point was, that the cage added 110 lbs of that 50 back on, so its a mute point on what was "needed" to run 8's,

as far as being here to promote your stuff, of course you are, I just saw a thread today where you compared your kit to a tvs kit and how much better it was, and how much more torque it made.

as far as whooping, I don't think so, but your always welcome to try.

Last edited:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
HEY! That's not completely true. Slagburn is also personal friend :D My position still stands.

Thanks Mike but it was just a cheaper way to make the trip- I have faith in the car. Enough about that though, they're talking about fast cars in this thread :)

HBD Terry!

Last edited:

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Ask JPC why they don't use the Boss manifold on their car.

I'd like to know as well.

Well in short since I'm running the phones today by myself.

One Saturday we threw Justin's car on the dyno to test out the intakes.

We pulled it with the GT intake (hot) and then threw the boss intake on (while it was still hot) and made another pull. The car ended up making more power with the stock intake. So we stuck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread