Beef jerky recommendation

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I picked up a couple of orders of this and it is good stuff. I got the mesquite and the ghost pepper. I have a high tolerance for spice and the ghost pepper is legit. If you like spice I highly recommend.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
I know everyone thinks this but... I have never found any sort of jerky that is better than my homemade stuff.
Just made 5lbs a few days ago and have already had approx. 1/2 stolen by friends and family. It really is so much better than anything on the market.

4.698gt

Established Member
I know everyone thinks this but... I have never found any sort of jerky that is better than my homemade stuff.
Just made 5lbs a few days ago and have already had approx. 1/2 stolen by friends and family. It really is so much better than anything on the market.
Why do you think that? Superior starting cuts of beef/pork/chicken/whatever and superior seasoning? Maybe the lack of chemicals?

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
Why do you think that? Superior starting cuts of beef/pork/chicken/whatever and superior seasoning? Maybe the lack of chemicals?
I think its texture and humidity level. Most of the stuff on the market is still two "wet" and breaks down too fast for my taste. I want something I can take a bite of and chew while it keeps its taste.
I have noticed that people who dip/chew tobacco (like myself) tend to absolutely love my jerky because of the very strong flavor that lasts longer than store bought brands.
Mine has a VERY strong flavor. I have to use nitrile gloves when handling the liquid because it will stain and make your hands smell like jerky for the rest of the day if you get it on you.
Hell, after 4-5 pieces your piss smells like it. Lol

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Ill put mine up against anyones in the nation. Shit is the real deal!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Seasoning, the cut of beef you choose, and how thick the meat is.

The thickness is a BIG differentiator IMO.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member

Agreed. I dehydrate my own every other week.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
This stuff is my go-to, Pacific Gold All-Natural. I really like having it on a road trip. I usually get it at Costco:

Need details. I'd like to start making my own.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I picked up a couple of orders of this and it is good stuff. I got the mesquite and the ghost pepper. I have a high tolerance for spice and the ghost pepper is legit. If you like spice I highly recommend.

I'd avoid the Pelosi Tuna Flap flavor if I were you....

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Need some recipes guys. Do you really need a dehydrator to do these?
Some friends on NC made excellent jerky in their oven leaving the door cracked. My toaster oven/air fryer thing has a setting for Jeremy as well but haven’t tried it

Adower

Established Member
Buy an Excalibur dehydrator and you can make your own beef jerky for a fraction of the cost. Alton brown has a good marinade to try for a first time.

Users who are viewing this thread