Bedding Help... No Homo

BlackOutUT

Established Member
As the title suggests, can anyone recommend a place in store or online to buy a nice bedding set? I've just recently upgraded to new king bedroom set and now I need some nice sheets and what not. My main priority is comfort. I'm a single guy but I don't want cheesy stuff. Where are you guys, or more likely, your wives/girlfriends buying the bedroom stuff?

Coiled03

Established Member
Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

Only place I shop for that stuff.

.......no homo.

Kewlv8

Established Member
As the title suggests, can anyone recommend a place in store or online to buy a nice bedding set? I've just recently upgraded to new king bedroom set and now I need some nice sheets and what not. My main priority is comfort. I'm a single guy but I don't want cheesy stuff. Where are you guys, or more likely, your wives/girlfriends buying the bedroom stuff?

Kohls, walk in, pick the non-frilly set with high thread count and moderate price, checkout.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Score yourself a 20% off coupon for BB&B. That what I used for a Kitchen Aid pasta attachment. Saved good coin.

wht93gted

Established Member
My wife and I got tons of sheets and things like that when we got married, and at the subsequent house warming party.
All different stores, brands, styles, etc.

I never realized I was that picky about sheets until we'd put them on the bed and I tried to fall asleep.

Some were too hot, too thin, too "pilly", didn't stretch, etc.

One night, the wife puts on new sheets, much to my opposition since I had been sleeping fairly well on the current setup.
But she kept saying something about not using sheets for 6 months before washing them, blah, blah, blah who knows.

Anyway, it's these, and they're amazing. We've since thrown away all the other sets we got, and bought 4 of these, and never looked back.
Maybe they aren't the fanciest or most luxurious, but we both sleep like babies using them.

http://www.jcpenney.com/shops/back-...y-home/sheet-sets/_/N-gl6uc3Z1z141h7/cat.jump

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
The only problem with Bed, Bath, and Beyond is all the kitchen tools and cooking stuff and nobody is making sandwiches. lol But seriously its the best place to find great bed sets.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
You're in Austin so you should have a Sam's nearby. Here's our setup for our king:

A) Topper (Sam's Club): http://www.samsclub.com/sams/2-5-in-queen-topper-reversible-gel-mf/prod12060064.ip?navAction=

Comfortable as hell and a VERY good price for a 2.5" thick gel topper. It really does keep you much cooler at night. You can flip it in the winter if you don't want the gel 'cooling' effect. Not too hard, but not so soft that it collapses and/or holds your body shape too long. Most of these 2.5" gel toppers I've seen that are quality are easily double this price

B) Sheets (Sam's Club): http://www.samsclub.com/sams/600tc-king-sheet-set-latte-solid/prod8400075.ip?navAction=

Very soft, thick and quality sheet set. Comes with 4 pillow cases instead of 2. Cheap for what you get and it's from Sam's so warranty is great. We got them in Grey

C) Blanket/Comforter/Etc (Sam's Club): http://www.samsclub.com/sams/down-alt-blanket-qn/prod13240142.ip?navAction=push

We both like to be a little cold so we tried this and it's excellent. We had the Home Classics (Level 1; so coolest/least amount of thickness) Comforter from Kohl's, but this is much cooler. About half the price too! It's in white and we picked up a duvet cover in white from Sam's...also a very high quality cover. Has some heft and thickness to it so it should definitely last!

We've spent a good amount on the bedroom stuff, but it's coming together quite nicely. Wifey did a damn good job!

Last edited:

TorchMach

Established Member
The good stuff is going to cost you. I recently just went through this. My comforter was $400+ alone, but it should last a long time.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
600 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets, the way to go. Double up quilted top covers too, you'll think you're sleeping in a fancy hotel.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
I order sheets off Amazon...found some nice ones. I have a light weight and heavy weight down comforters from Macy's that we use for summer/winter. We bought them when they go on DEEP discount, otherwise they are very expensive. They are high quality though and hold up well in the wash.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
You can buy all the same shit online, the issue is figuring out which ones you like the look and feel off. I'd say go into the store.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
SVTP members sleep on nothing less than 1,000 thread count imported silk hand crafted by mermaids under the sea.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I usually get mine from SLEEP Number there sheets have an excellent warranty and feel great there temp control sheets are awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread