Because I know you all were just dying to see a reboot.

Defknotzero

Established Member
of I know what you did last summer/scream

'I Know What You Did Last Summer' will return in 2016 | The Verge

In the summer 1996, four high-school seniors accidentally run over a pedestrian and try to dispose of the body. One year later, a hooded killer begins killing the teenagers in an apparent act of revenge.

That's the story of 1997's I Know What You Did Last Summer, which grossed over $125 million worldwide and spawned two sequels — I Still Know What You Did Last Summer and the direct-to-video I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer. And now, 17 summers after the first movie (18 summers after the "incident"), it's back.

Sony Pictures has commissioned Oculus writer / director Mike Flanagan and his co-writer Jeff Howard to reboot I Know What You Did Last Summer, which itself was based on a 1973 novel by Lois Duncan (that's over 40 summers ago). According to Deadline, this film is a "high priority" for Sony, who wants it out in 2016. Presumably the summer.

And while you wait, here's the cast of MTV's Scream reboot.

The nineties are back!

Yep..

Oh, and here is the scream reboot:

If you’re typically the type to choose a Halloween costume months in advance, you might want to wait a liiiiittle bit longer before nailing down an ensemble this year.

MTV’s much-anticipated adaptation of the horror film franchise “Scream” has officially found its pilot’s stars, according to a press release, and the talent might fittingly give you shivers. John Karna of “The Neighbors” and Carlson Young of “The Kroll Show,” shown above, will have key roles in the production, along with Willa Fitzgerald of “Royal Pains,” Amy Forsyth of “Reign” and Amadeus Serafini of “Smoke.” The show will be directed by Jamie Travis, who’s previously worked on “Faking It,” and executive produced by Jill Blotevogel and Harvey and Bob Weinstein under the Dimension TV production umbrella.

“We are excited to be in business with the formidable Weinstein brothers,” said Susanne Daniels, President of Programming for MTV. “‘Scream’ is an iconic franchise, and MTV is the perfect network to bring this consistently surprising film to life on television.”

The very first “Scream” flick, which was released in 1996, followed a killer who took down a town’s teens to taunt one particular high school student, Sidney Prescott. MTV’s pilot, on the other hand, will include a newly popular beauty, played by Fitzgerald; a pastor’s daughter and aspiring filmmaker, played by Forsyth; a tech wizard with a penchant for pop culture, played by Karna; a bubbly queen bee, played by Young and a new kid with a dark side, played by Serafini.

Got goosebumps already? Share your thoughts in the comments below, and keep up with MTV News for more info on the upcoming “Scream” series!

For ****s sake. Really? I'm not at all surprised by the news but come on..

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Maybe they should do another Spiderman and Hulk reboot.
Oh wait... They already did those three times over.

Hollywood is running out of ideas and talent.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
In other news, Matt Damon and Greengrass are in talks to be back for Bourne 4!!!!!

TJSwoboda

Established Member
They could do other Lois Duncan books... Nah, screw it, let's make the same book into a movie again.
troutslap.gif
Wait, in 2016 it will be nineteen years since the first movie they made? :eek: And, when I googled Lois Duncan to see if I was spelling her name right, saw that she's 80? All right, clearly the earth is losing mass causing time to move faster. Mr. Snover, get on this, stat...

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
oh geez please....

bourne 4 is a good idea, yes.

They are possibly doing a planet hulk movie, so no reboot just a different storyline which is good.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
What's scary is the fact that this movie is like 17 years old... **** I'm getting old and it happens so fast I don't realize it. Not old enough or good enough for a reboot though.

oldmodman

Established Member
I think they are going the wrong direction entirely.

Lets do a different Spiderman.

Lets have the kid get bitten and then actually turn into a gigantic Brown Recluse. About 14 feet across. But still have a human personality.

Then go out and be a crimefighter. Doesn't wrap crooks up in web for the cops. Bites criminals, liquifies them, and sucks up all the juices.

And still gets to nail MaryJane. Now that would be a freak show.

TJSwoboda

Established Member
I think they are going the wrong direction entirely.

Lets do a different Spiderman.

Lets have the kid get bitten and then actually turn into a gigantic Brown Recluse. About 14 feet across. But still have a human personality.

Then go out and be a crimefighter. Doesn't wrap crooks up in web for the cops. Bites criminals, liquifies them, and sucks up all the juices.

And still gets to nail MaryJane. Now that would be a freak show.

Ooh, count me in! :banana:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i guess theyre remaking this because now they can use better special effects with todays technology? /sarcasm

its hard to believe that was 17 years ago already but FFS this movie doesnt need to be remade. you can watch the original right now and it wont seem like youre watching an old black and white film.

thank GOD for redbox and netflix because the studios are putting out so much garbage these days. im pleased when i spend $1 and see a good film like Captain America Winter Solider this past weekend. im pissed when i spend $13 a ticket and see a garbage film :mj:

the only films im looking forward to seeing in the actual theaters (that i can think of) are the next Star Trek and Star Wars films.

nxhappy

Established Member
and don't forgot the comedy version that will follow ....

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
just read an article about the reboot of the upcoming Batman vs Superman. the remake is being written as the original is still being finished up...:uh oh:

sort of reminds me of this...

[youtube_browser]VeZ9HhHU86o[/youtube_browser]

Users who are viewing this thread