Bdubbs twin disc clutch swap thread:

MG0h3

Established Member
Thought it came as an assembly that you just torqued the PP/clutch assm to the flywheel?

Either way nice work Bdubbs.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

cj428mach

Established Member
You should be good to go. Just watch your wiring harness behind the engine when installing bell housing.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
Did you buy just 1 pair of those 12 ton jack stands? Not sure if a set of 4 would be good idea.

Yeah I bought 4 stands total. 2 box's of 2#. I put the 12 ton JS on my MM full length sub connectors, Behind front tire and in front of rear tire.

I wouldn't want to use the 12 tons on the lowest settings and the 2 to3 ton on there highest together, that could be trouble.

You don't really need them, you can get around fine with the 2-3 tons. I will say though it feels/looks/appears to be was less sketchy when yanking on the car/parts while under neath it.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I got the new clutch cable and bell housing on. Couldn't find torque specs on bell housing to block, so I did 26 ft/lbs. This is the same specs as transmission to bell housing bolts.

If it's wrong please someone tell me!

Probably done for the day, maybe start working on starter. But my Dad just got to town from Colorado! So won't get much done the next couple of days. Time for some beer!

IMG_20181008_153211895_zpsowrrsfop.jpg

IMG_20181008_153312804_zpshhalleed.jpg

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MG0h3

Established Member
I suspect it's probably up around 40-50 Brady. Those are big bolts going into cast iron. You'll typically see a lower number into aluminum.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Still haven't found much on the bell housing to block torque spec. Maybe some don't torque them down? I'll maybe go back and torque to 55 ft/lbs.

Anyhow, I took the tob off the clutch fork, can anyone verify this is how it's suppose to be? Pictures are of used one.

IMG_20181008_181123027_zpstmavjsf4.jpg

IMG_20181008_181109886_zpst53ceqgv.jpg

IMG_20181008_180816703_zpsmzh4odvw.jpg

IMG_20181008_181204596_zpsgnaovela.jpg

IMG_20181008_180757972_zpsldr1yyg6.jpg

MG0h3

Established Member
Yep you’re good on the TOB.

Wise to put some grease on those spring steel pieces. Can’t remember what they call for but basically a heavy duty/high pressure axle grease works.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
yes bdubbs the 7 bellhousing to block bolts for the t-56 are 55 ft/lb per the manual
Thanks!
Yep you’re good on the TOB.

Wise to put some grease on those spring steel pieces. Can’t remember what they call for but basically a heavy duty/high pressure axle grease works.

I have motorcraft grease I'll be using.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Outstanding work, Brady. I'm actually surprised the promotion lasted as long as it did.....I figured you'd be crossing this bridge a year ago. Now you have one heluva a TQ capacity clutch and I'd love to see this car hit that "heartbreaker" set of rollers in the spring and lay down an awesome number.

And kudos to the community providing all the great info and tips for the install....that's what makes this place great.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Outstanding work, Brady. I'm actually surprised the promotion lasted as long as it did.....I figured you'd be crossing this bridge a year ago. Now you have one heluva a TQ capacity clutch and I'd love to see this car hit that "heartbreaker" set of rollers in the spring and lay down an awesome number.

And kudos to the community providing all the great info and tips for the install....that's what makes this place great.
Thanks Jeff! I'm surprised it's lasted as long as it did. There is a good chance that I'll put the car on the rollers at some point.

In the process of putting the t56 back in. Lining it up so far is kicking my butt.

I agree, svtp community is awesome! It's really the only car forum go on.

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
In the process of putting the t56 back in. Lining it up so far is kicking my butt.

You could remove the shifter plate on the trans. And reinstall it through the top console hole. Once the trans is slid into place. That might give you enough clearance.

That's what I did on my last car, made it so much easier when re-installing the t56.

MG0h3

Established Member
Thanks Jeff! I'm surprised it's lasted as long as it did. There is a good chance that I'll put the car on the rollers at some point.

I agree, svtp community is awesome! It's really the only car forum go on.

This can be a real bear or sometimes they slide right in.

Make sure you’re in gear. Regarding above post, your shifter is out correct?

So there’s typically 3 places it’ll hang where you have to work.

When the splines of the input first hit the clutch discs.

When you first hit the pilot bearing.

Sliding fully into the pilot and onto the dowels at the same time

Those are also pretty much in order of difficulty.

Can’t remember but hopefully your jack has an adjuster to tilt the trans up and down. Do not let the trans hang at anytime once the input shaft is into the clutch discs.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
This can be a real bear or sometimes they slide right in.

Make sure you’re in gear. Regarding above post, your shifter is out correct?

So there’s typically 3 places it’ll hang where you have to work.

When the splines of the input first hit the clutch discs.

When you first hit the pilot bearing.

Sliding fully into the pilot and onto the dowels at the same time

Those are also pretty much in order of difficulty.

Can’t remember but hopefully your jack has an adjuster to tilt the trans up and down. Do not let the trans hang at anytime once the input shaft is into the clutch discs.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I'm just having a hard time lining up the transmission to bell housing. Always hitting somewhere. I haven't got the input shaft to clear the pp fingers yet.

Users who are viewing this thread