BC coilovers

Ratchet

Established Member
softest is 1 hardest is 30. so 16 from 1. personally i dont have that wide of variation. Mine are 12 front and 15 rear iirc works good for me but see below

I personally went with 8 & 6 the ride is more harsh but the car handles fantastically. i was also forewarned the shocks leave some to be desired on these heavy cars thus my reason to go stiffer. For a better ride i would wager the ones in the box are the ones to go with.

they come with shorter links

Awesome, thanks for the info. :beer:

kingnut

Established Member
Hey guys.. For those of you that have these, would you suggest that I go with the 6k 4k springs or for a bit more forgiving ride get them with 7k 5k springs? Also, do you need adjustable sway bar end links for the install?

Thanks. :beer:

I stayed with the 7k/5k spring rates per talking with BC. But I did upgrade to Swift springs. Also I ride around town with both the front and rear on the softest settings. The car rides as comfortable as stock and handles 5000 times better.

Last edited:

Ratchet

Established Member
I stayed with the 7k/5k spring rates per talking with BC. But I did upgrade to Swift springs. Also I ride around town with both the front and rear on the softest settings. The car rides as comfortable as stock and handles 5000 times better.

You got yours from Jay at hypermotive correct? Anymore pics after install?:beer:

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
I know you were asking about coilovers. If you're looking to get Low for cheap and still ride good. Take a look at my combo. I love the look of C. Loves car, but I can barely get in and out of drives/driveways as it is. Surely he's gotta be scraping on stuff, Maybe that's not of a concern. Just throwing options out there.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
So, thoughts on this, currently have H&R SS springs and Koni Str.t dampers. Was thinking of upgrading to yellows to be able to stiffen the car up more, as it still acts kinda loose and bouncy into turns and such.

Since I wouldn't be spending a lot more, depending on prices Jason at HM gives me, would the BC Coilovers be a better choice or the Yellows?

Either way I am going to have to get the car realigned. If I swap to the BC Coilovers I'd be able to sell my shocks/struts and springs and CC plates to recoup some of the money spent.

Have a feeling I could sell them as a complete set and get some of what I paid for all of it back.

Thoughts? These coilovers are temping if they are a worthwhile upgrade. Love the idea of adjusting ride height and stiffness.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
So, thoughts on this, currently have H&R SS springs and Koni Str.t dampers. Was thinking of upgrading to yellows to be able to stiffen the car up more, as it still acts kinda loose and bouncy into turns and such.

Since I wouldn't be spending a lot more, depending on prices Jason at HM gives me, would the BC Coilovers be a better choice or the Yellows?

Either way I am going to have to get the car realigned. If I swap to the BC Coilovers I'd be able to sell my shocks/struts and springs and CC plates to recoup some of the money spent.

Have a feeling I could sell them as a complete set and get some of what I paid for all of it back.

Thoughts? These coilovers are temping if they are a worthwhile upgrade. Love the idea of adjusting ride height and stiffness.

I'm sure the yellows would resolve the issue your speaking of from a firmness perspective. I don't have the problem you're describing with my D-Specs full firm the only concern I have is staying the the seat well enough to keep control. If you're looking to adjust the ride height then yeah, Coilovers is the way to go.

kingnut

Established Member
You got yours from Jay at hypermotive correct? Anymore pics after install?:beer:

yeah jay hooked me up.

999side1Custom_zps7efe1611.jpg

999frontCustom_zpseffda1de.jpg

999sideCustom_zps7b64cf62.jpg

999back2Custom_zps247e0932.jpg

Last edited:

magnido45

Established Member

softest is 1 hardest is 30. so 16 from 1. personally i dont have that wide of variation. Mine are 12 front and 15 rear iirc works good for me but see below

I personally went with 8 & 6 the ride is more harsh but the car handles fantastically. i was also forewarned the shocks leave some to be desired on these heavy cars thus my reason to go stiffer. For a better ride i would wager the ones in the box are the ones to go with.

they come with shorter links

Thanks for the replies, guys...I'm pretty sure I have the 7K/5K springs as I bought the BC Racing BR-Type coilover set from a local performance shop and didn't ask to customize the set w/ the install...mild drop, not slammed...I started out 12/30 front and 4/30 rear...I had to keep stiffening up the suspension over time to dial it in as the streets here are really bad and the car sometimes wobbled (especially with 2 people in the car) when driven down such streets...now I'm at 20/30 front and 12/30 rear and it is about perfect...I don't find this setting uncomfortable or harsh at all...the car actually takes bumpy uneven roads very well. I might adjust the front back down to 18/30 as the steering is a bit stiff, yet remains very responsive...very content :rockon:and over 6000 miles on the coilovers....

jsimmonstx

Established Member
I know this is an old thread, but I have some questions...

So, getting this won't let me ride the car somewhere between stock ride height and slammed?

I'm currently running Loni STR-T's and DUB springs. The car was fine before I added a 671 blower, but the blower added probably close to 60 pounds to the front of the car. As a result, I currently have a problem with dips in the road causing the front of my car to bottom out. Can I at least adjust these in the front to not bounce as much?

Finally, do I have to keep my front strut mounts?

from6to8

Established Member

So, getting this won't let me ride the car somewhere between stock ride height and slammed?

I'm currently running Loni STR-T's and DUB springs. The car was fine before I added a 671 blower, but the blower added probably close to 60 pounds to the front of the car. As a result, I currently have a problem with dips in the road causing the front of my car to bottom out. Can I at least adjust these in the front to not bounce as much?

did you ever get your answer? And what year is your car?

Norm Peterson

Established Member

Koni STR-t dampers are not adjustable. Koni Sports (aka "yellows") are adjustable, but only for rebound, which isn't going to help bottoming on dips in the road.

I have no idea what "DUB springs" are - never heard of them before - but if the brand name is any indication my guess is that they drop the car too low and don't have enough spring rate to keep the car off the bump stops even lowered even without the extra weight of your 671 blower.

To do what?

Norm

Users who are viewing this thread