BC coilovers

KonaFifty

Established Member
People that a saying BC's make noise and ride like crap are absolutely full of it. I have my car lowered on BC's. I was riding 16 clicks hard in the front and 8 clicks in the rear. It rode just fine and absolutely no noise at all. Just to try it out I put both the front and rear to the softest setting and holy shit does it ride smooth.

I absolutely love my setup. The only thing I dont like about it is the front doesnt have a ton of height adjustability. Your choices are slammed, really slammed, and laying frame. But I couldnt be happier with my setup.

umm i think you can raise your fronts a little more than that...out the box my fronts were like 1/4 to 1/2 inches from the top of the tire and could probably go up an inch or so more. i lowered it to where the fender just meets the top of the tire tho...

c. love

Established Member
BC isnt bad for the money. If you are going to only track your car and you have 3K+ to spend on coilovers only get something else. For the street, occasional roadrace/drift/autox cant beat BC.

Ive had mine since december 12. I upgraded the springs 1 Kg/mm stiffer front and rear than what they came with. My car is 99% street car. I run pretty low compared to most and the only problem I have is the exhaust will sometimes hit the straight axle which isnt a coilover problem at all.

I can also do this with relative ease

null_zps07aeaaed.gif

and against some other guys on an auto x course I fair well too

1st place--GT500, hoosiers, suspension unk but it wasn't OEM, avid auto-x guy. Over all this car was pretty awesome

2nd place-built fox body, hoosiers, again suspension unk again not OEM and pretty avid auto-x guy

3rd-me--BC coilovers, whiteline sway bars, steeda upper link, rousch lower links, hankook ventus V12 evo tires--I usually only drift and havent autocrossed or been on a road course in about 10 years :burnout:

4th-Fox body, hoosiers, suspension unk but knowing the guy probably konis and a spring and probably not much more. This is one dude I know as he is local and he is a phenomenal driver. To be honest if there is one dude I could say i look up to as a driver its this guy here

null_zpse611eef7.gif

My point is BC's arent complete shit. All these guys above are great drivers and I can hold my own even out of my element. If BC was just garbage my skill wouldnt have overcome and allowed me to do realtively well in a class of R-comp equipped cars.

Last edited:

silver50

Established Member
I have to say that I don't agree that the BC Coilovers are junk. I have had them on my car for almost 2 years and they are awesome. The ride feels firmer than stock, but in a good way, since most of us on here will agree the suspension was too soft and floaty from the factory. The car has a ride on a european touring car and can take turns like a champ. Ride is not overly harsh, nor bouncy. I love the ride of these coilover and would recommend them to others:rockon:

t-ray

Established Member
I love the F14's in Bronze Burst. Look great on your car man.

Those are the wheels I want on my kona, if I ever free up the cash.

c. love

Established Member
I love the F14's in Bronze Burst. Look great on your car man.

Those are the wheels I want on my kona, if I ever free up the cash.

Actually these are rootbeer brown--i had them custom done. They were green just got tired of it. Bronze burst is a nice color though. I wish these ones were lighter as i despise black (or black looking wheels generally). To be honest i hve some shoulda woulda couldas with these wheels.

Shoulda ordered some te-37 replicas--real ones in a 19 or 20 are 3-4k each lol

If i kept with forgestar shoulda got 19x10 in front and 19x12 out back--just cause. Maybe even gone with 20's

Coulda got a better offset. I love very aggressive wheels and fitment. However i had nothing to base my ordering on. So i ended up buying longer wheel studs and spacing the wheels out 16mm all around.

I have them now, eventually i will get my te37 replicas. Maybe even sell these for relatively cheap idk maybe just have the replicas and these.

Absolutely incredible man. I've had a set of BC's sitting in my trunk for about a week now. I can't wait to get them on but I just can't find the time... It's killing me. Haha.

Thanks. After the wheel color change and intake tune cat deletes i truely live this car....hated it before. Could be im just an odd guy

Too bad you dont live here--10 ft snow drifts outside and power is out nothing but time for me i could help yah out ha ha

I think it took me an hour start to finish to put them on but thats with air tools and i have messed with suspension alot in my day.

Stormtrooper5.0

Established Member
Ps I wish I lived in Houston...i love it there.

Wow! An hour? That's pretty speedy. Haha. I'll hopefully be doing the install in the next week or two, and if everything works out right I'll have access to a lift.

I love Houston! Weather is hot as hell but all around, I really enjoy it.

c. love

Established Member
After you have done it a lot its cake. Rear is 3 nuts front is 4 nuts 2 bolts per corner take some scrivets out and done easy as pie. Of course you need an alignment also easy on these cars

kingnut

Established Member
umm i think you can raise your fronts a little more than that...out the box my fronts were like 1/4 to 1/2 inches from the top of the tire and could probably go up an inch or so more. i lowered it to where the fender just meets the top of the tire tho...

Nah unless the entire housing can be extended some how. I tightened my perch up really tight on the spring to give me a little more height. Probably compressed the spring about 1.5" to 2". I wish I didnt have to do that but it still rides fine.

magnido45

Established Member
People that a saying BC's make noise and ride like crap are absolutely full of it. I have my car lowered on BC's. I was riding 16 clicks hard in the front and 8 clicks in the rear. It rode just fine and absolutely no noise at all. Just to try it out I put both the front and rear to the softest setting and holy shit does it ride smooth.

I absolutely love my setup. The only thing I dont like about it is the front doesnt have a ton of height adjustability. Your choices are slammed, really slammed, and laying frame. But I couldnt be happier with my setup.

Hi kingnut...when you say "16 clicks hard in the front and 8 clicks in the rear"...you mean 16 clicks from the softest setting or 16 clicks from the hardest setting?

Ratchet

Established Member
Hey guys.. For those of you that have these, would you suggest that I go with the 6k 4k springs or for a bit more forgiving ride get them with 7k 5k springs? Also, do you need adjustable sway bar end links for the install?

Thanks. :beer:

c. love

Established Member
Hi kingnut...when you say "16 clicks hard in the front and 8 clicks in the rear"...you mean 16 clicks from the softest setting or 16 clicks from the hardest setting?

softest is 1 hardest is 30. so 16 from 1. personally i dont have that wide of variation. Mine are 12 front and 15 rear iirc works good for me but see below

Hey guys.. For those of you that have these, would you suggest that I go with the 6k 4k springs or for a bit more forgiving ride get them with 7k 5k springs? Also, do you need adjustable sway bar end links for the install?

Thanks. :beer:

I personally went with 8 & 6 the ride is more harsh but the car handles fantastically. i was also forewarned the shocks leave some to be desired on these heavy cars thus my reason to go stiffer. For a better ride i would wager the ones in the box are the ones to go with.

they come with shorter links

Users who are viewing this thread