BBR rocks!

corruptor

Established Member
This is going to be a long story... I got an Edelbrock TVS for cheap on these forums last year and decided to jump on it. I had it installed at a local shop and everything went great, except for the stock Edelbrock tune. My car bucked hard under part throttle and the installation shop said they didn't know what may be the cause. They suggested a dyno tune but wouldn't guarantee if they could get the bucking out (since they've never experienced it before).

I reached out to several reputable tuners, including one of the big ones here in NorCal. They were confident they could get my drivability issue sorted through a dyno tune, but wanted my car for at least a week to dial out the bucking. From what I've been told, the bucking is due to the drivetrain management thinking the car is making too much torque and closing the throttle body to compensate. Since this tuner hadn't worked on many Edelbrock TVS's before, he needed extra time to dial everything in.

I was all set to schedule a drop off to the tuner when things got complicated with life and work and decided I wouldn't be able to easily drop the car off. At the same time, I saw a couple posts from some other guys running the Edelbrock TVS saying how well their cars ran and asked them who they used to tune their cars. They all pointed me to BBR, who apparently has done a lot (if not the most) Edelbrock installs and tunes on these cars.

After talking to Steve a few times, it sounded like they knew exactly what the issue was. I was hesitant to do a mail order tune on a supercharged car, but since I'm running only 5lbs boost and I needed the car for a road trip the following week, I decided to throw the dice and give BBR a shot.

The first tune came back and the car ran great; most importantly, there was no more bucking! On my road trip, I went to the El Mirage dry lake bed and spent a couple hours hooning around and the car didn't miss a beat (I ran some octane booster for extra security).

After getting home from my road trip, I asked Steve for a few more revisions and also datalogged my car to dial it in as much as I could over email tunes. Now, my car is at a point where it feels "stock like" unless I get on it.

Steve has been great to work with and for the first time since I got the blower, I'm actually enjoying this car again since it's not bucking anymore. Can't say enough about the BBR team and hopefully I'll get to work with them again.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Thank you very much for this!! We will continue to work hard and give you the service you need/ request.

If I ever make it out their, first rounds on me!

9secWS6

Established Member
Same here but with nitrous . After trying other companies tunes I got my first tunes from BBR and they were dead on! Did the Boss intake and nitrous with tune revisions and again dead on! These guys are awesome, got hang out with Steve and Chris some at MW and they are as friendly and helpful in person as they are online! My cars performance tells the tale on its own!

implosive

Established Member
BBR tuned my edelbrock setup as well. Over a year later at 540whp and still going strong

5PNTSLO

Established Member
Same here but with nitrous . After trying other companies tunes I got my first tunes from BBR and they were dead on! Did the Boss intake and nitrous with tune revisions and again dead on! These guys are awesome, got hang out with Steve and Chris some at MW and they are as friendly and helpful in person as they are online! My cars performance tells the tale on its own!

I second this, BBR FTMFW!!

D.T.R

Established Member
Steve has helped me a lot by just simple PMing back and forth here on the forums. His customer service is top notch, i can vouch for that.

Users who are viewing this thread