BBK X pipe

mark23svt

Established Member
Hey guys, I just purchased a 04 cobra with bbk longtubes, bbk off road x pipe and Magnaflow mufflers(owner told me it had flows ). I took the car to the muffler shop since initially it sounded like a exhaust leak. Muffler shop guy told me everything is fine and patted up no exhaust leak. So a friend of mine told me the ugly exhaust note that makes a slight rasp/gurgle sound is coming from the bbk x pipe. He told me those x pipes sound terrible. I have a 03 cobra as well that one has bassani mids, bassani x pipe off road and borla stingers, but that one sounds amazing. On the white one on slow acceleration it sounds like the noise is coming from the x pipe if that makes any sense.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I had one on my 01 and it always wanted to leak. Had to fix it a few times. Wasn’t happy with the fit and quality. Will never buy another BBK product and have a few of there items on my fox.

I don’t know what other mid pipe you could run with those headers? Maybe a lethal performance pipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyTerms

Established Member
I have a BBK on my 03. The fitment is horrible and I have it on the lift at least once a month chasing what sounds like exhaust leaks.

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member
I had a OR Pypes X-pipe, and it sounded like the exhaust noise was coming from the X-pipe, too. Everything was solid, so it was just a characteristic of the x-pipe. I went back to my catted X, which was much quieter but didn’t sound like shit.

jdant

Established Member
Just bought an 04’ Cobra with stock manifolds, BBK o/r x pipe, with Borla stingers. Had an exhaust leak right off the bat but the flange came loose. Once tightened it sounded so much better. I would like to hear another cobra with stingers and a different x pipe to see what they sound like. It’s hard to tell online but it looks like the bbk is garbage from reviews everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread