BBK vs MAC Longtubes

Nervouswreck

Established Member
So I’ve decided to stick with a 1 5/8 primary tube w/ 2.5 mid and axle back instead of going with the ARH or Kooks options . Price yes but in reality my car is never gonna be anything then a garage queen and car show car and probably never more than 650 hp . With that being said that leaves me with BBK & MAC , lately you can NOT get MAC on any site because there is some kind of issues at the plant or whatever, i can’t get a straight answer from anybody on that . Anyhow , i have no problem going with BBK except for one thing , i here they hang low . Now my car is only at a 1.25” drop and never going lower , maybe the BBK’s will be ok ?
My question is can someone who has them verify that they do hang to low , or that that claim is bull crap and they don’t hang lower than the others like the MAC’s . I’m ready to pop on these and would like some experienced input . Thanks gang

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

UnrealSVT

Established Member
I had BBKs on my 2000 GT. With a very small drop with Eibach Pro Kit...I scraped every damn thing! Can't speak from experience with Mac, but if they tuck better...go for it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I have neither, but I wouldn’t put BBK on a new edge there X pipe on my old 01 Cobra leaked no matter what I tried. I’d save and go ARH or Kooks you get what ya pay for. If you’re on a budget some people here have posted having Mac and not having an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GodStang

Established Member
BBK products for me over the years have been crap. MAC I like and have that going on my fox body but man for me did they rust early when I had them on other cars. I highly recommend not going with either. Of the two probably MAC.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I think mac going out off business

e1c35a25c79ca33bf559ec1b1a2e68c8.jpg

Got anything to back up that claim? Or you think? Don’t spread fake news, democrats and the LSM do enough of that.

hotcobra03

Established Member
I have bbk

Other than a crack on passenger side where ac drips.

No issues on stock height

I never had a leak on mid pipe.
And like the cone style connections
No gaskets

The mufflers will hang low only if you don’t push mid pipe up before tightening

I run the off road x.
But have the catted x to match just Incase things change here

Steering shaft goes outside of header in these

I noticed speed bumps may hit. Going over them slow if car is loaded I may hit

17 yrs on car not many marks

cj428mach

Established Member
I think Mac is just poorly run, I tried ordering a stainless prochamber years ago and everyone was sold out of them everywhere. I had one on back order for 5+ weeks and when I'd call Mac customer service they couldn't tell me when they'd be able to fill the order.

I did some internet checking and found some stories of the Mac production side feuding with the office/sales side and that they d try to keep each other in the dark, etc. I finally cancelled my order and moved on.

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
The stock headers flow pretty well due to being port matched. I have MAC headers since 2009 from Lethal and they’ve held up well.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

blwn89gt

Established Member
I have BBKs on my 03. I’m lowered on H&R race springs and I scrape from time to time, but that’s after I installed the borla stinger cat back. I never scraped prior with the Mac cat back that took months to get back in 2014. Once I get settled into the house I just bought I’ll set my garage up and then do kooks headers probably.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
You couldn't pay me to put any Mac product on my cars. Any problems arise they treat customers like crap.

I won't go into details about it. Happened many years ago.

My car is basically a garage queen and I put ARH headers on, plus had them ceramic coated. Shop recommended them , said quality and fit are second to none.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
I have neither, but I wouldn’t put BBK on a new edge there X pipe on my old 01 Cobra leaked no matter what I tried. I’d save and go ARH or Kooks you get what ya pay for. If you’re on a budget some people here have posted having Mac and not having an issue.

This is funny, shared the exact same experience on my 01 Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread