bbk lca reviews

VIPERED91GT

Ford Technician
Established Member
Shopping for controls arms... Lowers to be exact.. car will be a street car with some trips to the track on slicks... I'm wondering how the bbk lowers are and if anyone has experience with them or some insight that would be great.. I also plan to lower the car with k springs steeda uca, fms relocation brackets.... Will the bbk get the job done or should I step up to something better thanks...btw I've searched n haven't found much info on the bbks..

alex12gt

Established Member
Its the upper that should be adjusted not the lowers but if you could.....and id say they are better options out there then bbk

VIPERED91GT

Ford Technician
Established Member
Honestly, you should look into adjustable LCAs more than fixed.
AS stated below I would think the upper is mainly what I would want to adjust.. and the lower are more so fine tuning

Its the upper that should be adjusted not the lowers but if you could.....and id say they are better options out there then bbk
I agree on the upper.. just found some bbk's for a decent price.. Wanted to hear what others had to say.. so thanks guys

coyotefiveoh

Established Member
go with billet steeda(U&L) or hotchkis(U&L). IMO dont cheap out on suspension, you will pay for it.
Steeda.ca has upper and lower for around 450 + Free shipping if your in canada, if in the states, goto american muscle, they have them at a fair price as well, great cust service, and fast shipping.

Last edited:

CobraHuck

Established Member
The upper is the main one, but I would go ahead and get some adjustable lowers if you wanna swing a little extra coin.

I've been shopping a lot lately and pretty well decided on BMR everything but springs, and they've got adjustable lowers (both street-one rod end and one poly, or race-both rod ends) that are cheaper than their billet non-adjustables. Granted, their regular steel ones are cheapest, but those weren't even a consideration for me.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i always recommend the adj uppers and lowers.

by just doing the upper, depending on height and such, you can actually move the axle forward or backward a tad

this was very noticeable when i went to the 29.7" drag radial. It wasn't as noticeable at 28" but with the pinion angle correct, the axle actually sat forward a tad.

so, we lengthened both the upper and lower and recorrected the pinion angle setting to center the axle perfectly.

We sell both the BMR and Whiteline dbl adj. Both great brands. BMR has options for poly only, spherical only, or combo. Whiteline will be non shperical only. Whiteline will be the quietest. BMR with sphericals will be the best working at the track with the spherical.

Last edited:

CobraHuck

Established Member
Any advantages doing this if I never go to the track or strip? Just the occasional freeway romp and stomp and twisties?

Oh yeah, you'll get a lot more positive feel out of the car. You'll want to look at the adjustables that have poly bushings on both ends tho to keep your NVH down. My car is my DD but it will see quite a bit of AutoX/Open track once I get her set up the way I want so I'm gonna go with the hybrids with the rod end at the axle and the poly at the body, that way I get the best of both worlds

Users who are viewing this thread