BBK DOES NOT MAKE HEADERS FOR '03??

F1-R Stang

Mobster
Established Member
I just talked to bbk and the sales person told me that they are developing a header for the '03,but nothing has been released yet.

I could have sworn that some guys had them.:dw:

Got-Cobra?

Established Member
I believe most of the 99/01/03 Cobra guys are using the 96-98 DOHC headers and plugging the holes that aren't used! I don't remeber what each port/hole is for but I know depending what year it is, you may or may not use some of them.

Any of you 99/01 owners that had BBK LT's want to step in?

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
XSTANG has BBK LT's and he told me that they were just the ones for the 99/01 Cobras. Same port size and whatnot for the '03 motor as the 99/01, just now it has a iron block and a blower :burnout:

Silver 03 Cobra

I installed a set of 99/01 BBK's on a friends 03. It is identical. The 99 up Cobras have a single EGR tube. 96-98 have two.

Jeremy@JDM

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
The 03 Cobra's actually have a different exhaust port than the 96-01's. They are a little larger (squared off in the corners). We had Long Tube Headers specfically made for the 03 Cobra's when we discovered the difference in port dimensions, (the 96-01 headers will bolt up, but actually choke off some of the exhaust flow). We have "03 Cobra" Long Tube Headers in stock, they are Hi-Temp Ceramic Coated, have 1 5/8" individual primary tubes, with a 2 1/2" slip-on collector, so the engine doesn't have to be raised or the K-member dropped for installation.

Got-Cobra?

Established Member
How much and do you make them with a 3" collector?

Also, can you take the transmission out without removing them?

Users who are viewing this thread