BBK clutch cable Help

Slow 99

Nothing to see here
Established Member
I have a bbk clutch cable and a mcleod rst clutch and the clutch engagement is almost at the very top which seems weird. how would I adjust this engagement point? or is it normal with the rst clutch?

Chip Schweiss

Established Member
I have the McLeod RST clutch with the factory cable and self-adjusting quadrant. I'd call my engagement point about 2/3 from the floor.

You didn't mention what quadrant you have. If it's the factory self-adjusting it will likely stay near the top the entire life of the clutch. If you have a manually adjusted setup, you can leave some slack in the system.

Slow 99

Nothing to see here
Established Member
I have the McLeod RST clutch with the factory cable and self-adjusting quadrant. I'd call my engagement point about 2/3 from the floor.

You didn't mention what quadrant you have. If it's the factory self-adjusting it will likely stay near the top the entire life of the clutch. If you have a manually adjusted setup, you can leave some slack in the system.
I have the bbk quadrant, but good to hear that your clutch engages so high as well. But just to confirm, I can just adjust the firewall adapter (loosen) to have more slack in the cable to lower the engagement point?

Chip Schweiss

Established Member
Yes, loosening your adjuster will require the pedal to travel further to disengage the clutch.

Make sure you are still fully disengaging the clutch though, if not you will toast your synchros.

Slow 99

Nothing to see here
Established Member
Yes, loosening your adjuster will require the pedal to travel further to disengage the clutch.

Make sure you are still fully disengaging the clutch though, if not you will toast your synchros.
now that I know the engagement point is normal, I probably wont change it

Users who are viewing this thread