Battle of the dailies - E55/CLS55 AMG's vs CTS-V's

Whippled3v

Established Member
Just some slow 4 doors having fun. Some interesting match ups. I was extremely pleased with how my CLS faired with the V. Mods in vid.

[youtube_browser]EVeZdA7ZGZk[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]5CSIExQ21Ns[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Whippled3v

Established Member
Both awesome affordable sedans making good power. Any plans for a 2.3 or 29 on your Benz ?

I have mid length headers for it now, I'm
hoping to get those on along with ECU/TCU within a couple months. Then plan on 77mm pulley and cooling mods by end of the year, should put me close to 500 whp. Possibly a TB next year... That's probably as far as I'll take it, as much as I'd love a killer chiller trunk setup and a 75 shot lol!

Last edited:

Troponin

Established Member
Love the AMGs. Very strong running cars, lots of mod potential, and feel so good to drive.

Choosing between a CTS-V and an AMG would be hard though. The one thing that might push me towards the CTS-V would be the cost of parts and labor, but not really sure if the Benz is all that much more

Whippled3v

Established Member
Love the AMGs. Very strong running cars, lots of mod potential, and feel so good to drive.

Choosing between a CTS-V and an AMG would be hard though. The one thing that might push me towards the CTS-V would be the cost of parts and labor, but not really sure if the Benz is all that much more

Maintenance for me has been very affordable, granted mine is 10 years old now... I'm sure the newer biturbo models are much more costly to upkeep. In the year I've owned it, I've replaced the alternator for ~$250, oil change for $120, front brakes rotors/pads for $300, parts only.

Mods are also very affordable if you buy from the right places. (Mods for the biturbo models are very, very expensive)
I picked up my headers brand new for $600 shipped.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Very cool to see this battle... Love the Vs and AMGs are mosters!

Nice vid OP.

Users who are viewing this thread