Battery Tenders & Chargers

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I'm looking for a decent battery tender for my Mustang as I don't drive it enough to keep it charged. I have an ancient battery charger I bought 20 years ago at ACE hardware but half the switches don't work and it's not something I want to leave plugged in 24/7.
Also I want a new battery charger that can really jump start a car and charge a battery. You know, like the one uncle Stash had that he bought from Sears in the 70's when he got back from 'Nam.
I hate buying unknown/unproven junk on Amazon that breaks in 6 months or will catch fire.
TIA.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This may turn into a mini oil type thread. For a charger I use CTEK. Has performed flawlessly for me.

No experience with a jump starter. Others are sure to jump in. If not, google is your friend.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
+1 on the CTEK, it works flawlessly, would purchase again if i ever get a bigger garage. Can’t be much help on jump starts either, haven’t needed it since I got tbe CTEK

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Just bought a CTEK , thanks guys. Just wanted hear from some of you that had experience.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I see you already bought it but Ctek as well, I wired up the harness to the battery so no alligator clips

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
  • Battery chargers don't "Jump start" cars. Battery jumper is needed for that.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
  • Battery chargers don't "Jump start" cars. Battery jumper is needed for that.

mmm, battery tenders might not but many battery chargers also have a jump start feature. I used the jump start option on my charger to get to work today. The only issue with these digital "smart" chargers is they'll sometimes refuse to charge a really dead battery where an old school charger on the 2amp setting will frequently bring it back

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
I bought the 2 bank by battery tender. I plug the truck and car in off one charger. Also have used it when we pull out both boat batteries in the winter. 2 birds one stone. Had it about a year so far. Plugged in 24/7

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a Schmacher charger/starter. Works great, has a car start function. For maintaining a battery, I have always had good luck with Battery Tender's.

Users who are viewing this thread